Sabres To Unveil Jerseys Today!

PTS

....and they'll be on sale tomorrow. They have to pay for Briere and Max somehow.

Well, if the logo on the new sweater is the "slug", I hope they have an alternative "plan" to get the money to pay for Briere and Max, 'cause I don't see Larry's mom buying 30,000 sweaters. <_<

Story

It's brief and does not say jerseys will be unveiled, but says "Larry Quinn will address the media at 4pm today during a press conference concerning the team's unifrom for the upcoming season."

Does that give anyone else hope that he'll be announcing the slug has been rejected?

Does that give anyone else hope that he'll be announcing the slug has been rejected?

Not as much as I wish it would. More likely he will do nothing but confirm the logo as real and maybe field a few questions to make a PR spin.

While he is at it he may piss on fixthelogo.com and crap on public opinion. It will no doubt be interesting, but I doubt it is anything but an attempt to "sell" us on the Buffalslug.

Story

It's brief and does not say jerseys will be unveiled, but says "Larry Quinn will address the media at 4pm today during a press conference concerning the team's unifrom for the upcoming season."

Wow, that is a very dour look if they are trying to drum up publicity.

4 o'clock press conf. So it can lead the 5 o'clock locals.

It doesn't sound like an unveiling.

Victory is at hand, my friends! V-S Day! There is no way in Hell this is an unveiling. That would be done with MUCH fanfare, like the last time. It has to be an announcement we will all love. It has to be!

I'm with you except for the "announcement we will all love" part. An unveiling would be announced well ahead of time. This press conference could be that announcement.

Contrary to a few posts, jerseys WILL be unveiled today.

So they're rushing things due to the public response?

Oh, and sorry, but I'm treating this as a "I'll believe it when I see it" moment because of the last time you said they'd have new uniforms.

By the way, I asked this in a thread a week or two ago but I don't know if you ever saw it. Last year at some point you said that you saw a prototype B&G uniform. Did it have the logo?

Victory is at hand, my friends! V-S Day! There is no way in Hell this is an unveiling. That would be done with MUCH fanfare, like the last time. It has to be an announcement we will all love. It has to be!

PA - I gotta admit, the optimism I'm feeling here...kind of scares me. ;) Just kidding with you - and I hope you're right.

they are trying to downplay it because of the criticism that will follow.

So they're rushing things due to the public response?

Oh, and sorry, but I'm treating this as a "I'll believe it when I see it" moment because of the last time you said they'd have new uniforms.

By the way, I asked this in a thread a week or two ago but I don't know if you ever saw it. Last year at some point you said that you saw a prototype B&G uniform. Did it have the logo?

We live and learn.

As for the prototypes, I've been told recently that there have been many different ones they had. However, the one I was told about was not the slug. It was described to me as a Celsius or Celsius-like jersey. I believe the slug is a recent creation.

EDIT: Just learned the slug in fact is a newer creation (November 2005). I'm told they had many prototypes they scraped but none of those were the original. They were dead set on a new logo from day one.

SDS, that's a good thought. I just think the unveiling has to be closer to the season and before an arena full of fans in order to generate excitement and sales. Remember, many have been saying that the Sabres are counting on the "silent majority" to like the logo.

I don't think you call a press conference to announce the date of the unveiling.

I will go against my old pal PTS here. I feel it in my gut. Today, the slug dries up and dies, destined for a fancy French restaurant. Do you believe!

Archived