Sabres To Unveil Jerseys Today!

PTS

Do you believe!

Is that an exclamation or a question? Just kidding :)

Seriously, though, I think you are mistaken. I honestly believe this a damage control PR spin. They will probably announce the the unveil date as well, but will focus on praising/building-up the new slug crest, imo.

SDS, that's a good thought. I just think the unveiling has to be closer to the season and before an arena full of fans in order to generate excitement and sales. Remember, many have been saying that the Sabres are counting on the "silent majority" to like the logo.

I don't think you call a press conference to announce the date of the unveiling.

I will go against my old pal PTS here. I feel it in my gut. Today, the slug dries up and dies, destined for a fancy French restaurant. Do you believe!

I would disagree with that thought (and I do think it is a good thought though)...because look at the Anaheim Ducks...they unveiled their new logo and jersey last month...

What time of the year did the Sabres unveil the new goat and new jerseys in 1996?

IIRC, The Black/Red was introduced at an open practice at the Aud during spring break...March/April. I used to work at M M Bank and brought my then 11 year old son to work that day so we could walk across the street for the ceremony. He still talks about that day.

I would disagree with that thought (and I do think it is a good thought though)...because look at the Anaheim Ducks...they unveiled their new logo and jersey last month...

What time of the year did the Sabres unveil the new goat and new jerseys in 1996?

IIRC, it was unveiled just prior to the end of the '95-'96 season.

PA might have an exact date.

I've heard from my equipment source that the pants have navy, light blue and gold and look awful. Wavy stripe on the hip.

I think your guy is wrong as I specifically asked for all colors and light blue was never mentioned.

I did also hear the pants have each player's number on the left front pant leg.

I've heard from my equipment source that the pants have navy, light blue and gold and look awful. Wavy stripe on the hip.

Oh man... I can just picture the Bills jerseys. Multiple shades of blue? The more I hear about these jerseys the more I hate them. I think I'm going to avoid this message board for the next 72 hours. I can only imagine the negativity that will takeover if the jerseys really are as bad as they are rumoured to be

I can't wait. Hopefully it's something we're all very proud of!!

Where you been? :huh:

Oh man... I can just picture the Bills jerseys. Multiple shades of blue? The more I hear about these jerseys the more I hate them. I think I'm going to avoid this message board for the next 72 hours. I can only imagine the negativity that will takeover if the jerseys really are as bad as they are rumoured to be

I'm kinda hoping they are the ugliest uni's in the history of sports. :ph34r:

I find it hard to believe they have added yet another color in the form of light blue. Per the leaked logo sheet, there are already alot of colors listed:

PMS Blue 282

PMS Yellow 1235

PMS Silver 430

PMS Metallic Silver 877

PMS Red 186

Color Chart I Made

(Please note colors will vary from moniter to moniter - printing it may be the best way to view them.)

The color chart I made using the hexidecimal codes I found on Pantone's color conversion chart. I made this to get the colors as close as possible to realistic seeing as the leaked logo posted online could be not the best representation of the colors listed on the bottom of it.

Now if the stripe referred to SabresFanInTexas's post was one of the silvers rather than light blue, I'd believe it.

Edit: Sorry, just saw your edit after I posted this.

Archived