Sabres To Unveil Jerseys Today!

PTS

Also, Doh'opp and Bullfrog saw the slug back in November.

I will NEVER listen to these jackasses ever again. They've seen it back in November and they still can't understand why people are upset over it?

I hope you two jerks are reading this. You lost a listener. Have fun kissing the Sabre's ass until your lips are blue.

Right. It happens all the time with sports pressers -- everyone knows the content ahead of time.

LQ said that the "leaked" slug logo is not the finished product, but he did confirm that the new uniforms would be based on something like it.

LQ said that the new uniform was designed with the updated equipment style (sleeker jerseys, for instance) that Reebok will be building over the next couple of years.

This year, the team will wear the original royal blue uniforms for 15 games. LQ said that over the next few years this alternate jersey will be brought more in line with the new navy blue-based color scheme.

I will NEVER listen to these jackasses ever again. They've seen it back in November and they still can't understand why people are upset over it?

Or maybe in real life (you know, that thing that happens when you're not on the Internet?) it's not as bad as everyone thinks?

Right. It happens all the time with sports pressers -- everyone knows the content ahead of time.

LQ said that the "leaked" slug logo is not the finished product, but he did confirm that the new uniforms would be based on something like it.

LQ said that the new uniform was designed with the updated equipment style (sleeker jerseys, for instance) that Reebok will be building over the next couple of years.

This year, the team will wear the original royal blue uniforms for 15 games. LQ said that over the next few years this alternate jersey will be brought more in line with the new navy blue-based color scheme.

He also stated that the team could only find 2 sweaters for the press conference. One he keeps in his hockey bag and one other one.

At least he did essentially admit that today's press conference is an attempt at damage control.

LQ just admitted to reading posts on message boards. I wonder if he has been around here. Thinking that the president of the team that I live and die for could be reading the assnine crap I post here makes me chuckle. :lol:

That is kind of funny...hope he doesn't take TOO much offense to some of the stuff directed at him round these parts...course if he did, he'd probably jump off the Peace Bridge...

And conveniently, it's a home sweater....minimizing the exposure to the home fans altogether...yeah, they're proud of this new design, and they're sure the fans will be too... <_<

Browsing through NHLUniforms.com, you'll find that Montreal and Toronto were the only teams to have a second white sweater this year...again, IIRC, the idea behind using the third jerseys at home, rather than on the road, is so the equipment manager & team travel aren't hampered by having to bring two sets of jerseys, pants, etc., on each road trip.

So I think you're right, using the throwback for 15 games leaves only 26 home games in the slugalo sweaters...maybe they are trying to buy some time to come up with a logo redesign (one can only hope...)

Don't roll over now. Go to the Sabres website and flood them with feedback on this announcement. One of you graphic designers out there -- get working on a "squish the slug" sign. People can demonstrate outside HBSC arena with them. It would be awesome if a good %age of the fans had them for the home opener. Make LQ rue the day he so arrogantly screwed with the integrity of this franchise and it's fanbase.

LQ has claimed the new jerseys will include sabres on them and we have only seen part of the logo. If the "included sabres" are the skewered B on the shoulders, again, not enough. I am interested though about the comment of only seeing part of the logo so far...

He said that the seconday mark is NOT the one they will use, so it's probably NOT the skewered B. And he called them "swords" and not "sabres"..that was kinda funny.

reebok and 'sleeker' are two things that never should have been introduced in to hockey. it was one of the last sports (aside from Anaheim) that most of the teams have stuck to a classic look. football and basketball caved several years ago and i thought hockey could hold out - too bad I was wrong

I'm content with today's announcement. As for people ripping on Schopp and Bulldog, remember, they've actually seen the real jersey. If they like it, so be it. People are entitled to an opinion. Abandoning a radio show because the hosts like a jersey has to be one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

I'm content with today's announcement. As for people ripping on Schopp and Bulldog, remember, they've actually seen the real jersey. If they like it, so be it. People are entitled to an opinion. Abandoning a radio show because the hosts like a jersey has to be one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

Like getting upset with postings on a message board... ;)

What interested me was when he said that the Slug logo as it was seen in the Buff News was not complete. He mentioned something that it would include a wordmark? Could the official logo have the slug with a graphic "Buffalo Sabres" underneath it or something to that effect??? Who knows.

In all honesty, I'm not too upset anymore. I understand that new uniforms can be a money maker. Coming out with the original blue and gold will sell a bunch of merch but a new logo also might get some merch $ as well. If a little more income from merch sales means we can pay a little more money for a player here or there then I'm fine with it!

I guess the question we'll never know is whether they really like the jersey, or if they are being told that they like the jersey...

Abandoning a radio show because the hosts like a jersey has to be one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

How about also because overall Schopp is a complete jerk all around? He thinks he's God's gift to sportscasters. If you don't agree with his opinion you're wrong, and hung up on.

How about also because overall Schopp is a complete jerk all around? He thinks he's God's gift to sportscasters. If you don't agree with his opinion you're wrong, and hung up on.

I was about to post something similar. That's completely fine.

Archived