Sabres To Unveil Jerseys Today!

PTS

Based on my post from a couple of weeks ago, I think Quinny is heading towards stage 3 of the denial process... :)

http://www.sabresreport.com/forums/index.p...813entry36813

Stage 1 - F*** the fans. I know a good logo when I see it.

Stage 2 - Uh oh...I could be in deep #%^$#! here with Mr. G. I will still deny ever seeing the logo if the media corners me.

Stage 3 - I'm looking like a dumb ass. Secrectly stop all production of new jerseys, cut losses and work on new design.

Stage 4 - Have a press conference announcing the new jersey with a design remarkably similiar to the celsius design. Insist that this was the logo all along and laugh that the Sabres never had anything close to the slug design on the drawing board.

He said that the seconday mark is NOT the one they will use, so it's probably NOT the skewered B. And he called them "swords" and not "sabres"..that was kinda funny.

But earlier, in the Bullfrog and Brad show, he said something (I can't remember his exact words) that made me believe that A B with a sword through it will be the shoulder patch, just not the one that was shown on the modified Celsius designs.

Larry Quinn mentioned something about wording or lettering that is not on the logo we have been viewing. The word Sabres or Buffalo might be above the sluggo logo on the jersey chest. Bulldog has seen the new jersey, maybe he could address this.

Larry Quinn mentioned something about wording or lettering that is not on the logo we have been viewing. The word Sabres or Buffalo might be above the sluggo logo on the jersey chest. Bulldog has seen the new jersey, maybe he could address this.

My guess is that the word "SABRES" will be under the logo in some stylized script because Larry was explicit that there were "additional marks" that go with the logo and they are "word marks". He also stated that there would be "Sabres in the design", and I took his implication to mean in addition to the shoulder patch. (Maybe we'll be stuck with little Sabres going around the sweater like fleur de lis' used to circle the Nords sweaters.)

Whether "Buffalo" is written out as well remains to be seen.

If Bulldog has seen this, then why doesn't LQ have it to show us?

My guess is that the word "SABRES" will be under the logo in some stylized script because Larry was explicit that there were "additional marks" that go with the logo and they are "word marks". He also stated that there would be "Sabres in the design", and I took his implication to mean in addition to the shoulder patch. (Maybe we'll be stuck with little Sabres going around the sweater like fleur de lis' used to circle the Nords sweaters.)

Whether "Buffalo" is written out as well remains to be seen.

Writing the word Buffalo on a jersey with a flippin' Buffalo on it is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Or, maybe they need to write the word Buffalo on it as to let people know what the hell that orange thing on the jersey is.

Can you tell I'm bitter?

First off, Mike Schopp, belligerent ass that he is, is on vacation and Brad Riter is filling in.

Second, if Bulldog and Brad and Mike saw this so long ago, why did they spend parts of their earlier shows talking about the possibility of the faked Matchbox car logo? They even mentioned that the leaked slug logo looked as fake as all the rest they had seen. Why if you saw it already?

I think they first saw the uniform a couple weeks ago when they did the Schopp and Bulldog show concerning the fan outrage and they did their PR damage control spin.

If Bulldog has seen this, then why doesn't LQ have it to show us?

Writing the word Buffalo on a jersey with a flippin' Buffalo on it is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Or, maybe they need to write the word Buffalo on it as to let people know what the hell that orange thing on the jersey is.

Can you tell I'm bitter?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we may have a winner!

First off, Mike Schopp, belligerent ass that he is, is on vacation and Brad Riter is filling in.

Second, if Bulldog and Brad and Mike saw this so long ago, why did they spend parts of their earlier shows talking about the possibility of the faked Matchbox car logo? They even mentioned that the leaked slug logo looked as fake as all the rest they had seen. Why if you saw it already?

I think they first saw the uniform a couple weeks ago when they did the Schopp and Bulldog show concerning the fan outrage and they did their PR damage control spin.

When Chris was asking Larry if he could comment on whether the slug was the real logo and Larry said that it was (but that it wasn't the complete logo), Larry mentioned that Bullfrog and Doh'opp had seen the REAL logo in February and then Chris corrected him and said he'd seen it in November.

Your questions are very valid.

Maybe I misheard the interview, if I did hopefully somebody else that heard it can correct me, but what I heard was the logo was released to those 2 in November.

When Chris was asking Larry if he could comment on whether the slug was the real logo and Larry said that it was (but that it wasn't the complete logo), Larry mentioned that Bullfrog and Doh'opp had seen the REAL logo in February and then Chris corrected him and said he'd seen it in November.

Maybe I misheard the interview, if I did hopefully somebody else that heard it can correct me, but what I heard was the logo was released to those 2 in November.

Actually, I thought I heard April mentioned at some point. Regardless, LQ is, I am sure, the one behind them and thier PR blitz show a few weeks ago. Why not say it was earlier than that?

That is very correct. Sounds to me like the outrage got to the right person and the Sabres will try to fix the slug as best as they can.

What was Quinny's logic behind mentioning when Schoop and the Bulldog first saw the slug? I don't care if these two designed the slug! It sucked then, it sucks now and it will suck until the end of time. Wrap a bow around it, spell the word Buffalo in a circle around it, put a Sabre below it, put a Sabre above it, put a Sabre through it...IT STILL SUCKS :angry:

LQ now on Shred and Regan, typing fast....

1. using original logo 15 home games, we knew this, for third jersey, permanent part of uniform.

2. the slug/combover is the logo. LQ laughed at this. he thinks people have so much passion good and bad (lately bad) for the sabres...doesn't think you can look at a logo (which was revealed in the worst possible way, claimed hacking), missing word marks, secondary marks, it will be a completely different view of the logo, he thinks people will like it.

3. slug is primary mark, NOTHING WILL BE ADDED TO THE PRIMARY CREST. logo is used on the pants as well, secondary mark includes the sabre (the B i presume).

4. striping on the jersey

5. surprises in store he doesn't want to reveal, something that no other team will have this season (at this point Shred said "hologram?" and LQ sorta got quiet and laughed that off (sort of nervous laughter))

6. will have an evolving look to go with reebok jersey changes in the next few years

7. LQ likes the slug nickname, he has had a laugh out of it, felt it was important to come out with it today, people were questioning the integrity of the organization. he wanted to put an end to it.

8. he says they have NO product yet, not until early september.

9. this process has been a long one. logoondemand is the website where distributors can log in and get the logo. logo on demand page was an OLD one...it was an EARLY version that was leaked. It doesn't have all of the markings. He claims this website was hacked...

10. lol, mckee question asked...he didn't even call the sabres to see if they would match st. louis offer, he knew the sabres weren't in that range to match.

11. briere: doable? not long term LQ says. long term, how do you pay somebody that kind of money? they believe in team approach, that is why they won't have salaries go nuts. he gave Tampa Bay having 3 players at 22 mil as an example

12. cap was articifically set at 39 mil cuz no one would realize how attendance would be in the league, they actually got an increase in revenue and they were surprised, which is why the cap raised. next year he says projections won't swing as high next year. thinks salaries will balance out.

13. scouting department leaving, why so much of an upheaval? some was planned, and some wasn't....it's a function of success. we were the model franchise, be successful, people will get better jobs. all were amicable splits.

LQ now on Shred and Regan, typing fast....

5. surprises in store he doesn't want to reveal, something that no other team will have this season (at this point Shred said "hologram?" and LQ sorta got quiet and laughed that off (sort of nervous laughter))

I'm pretty sure that this will be Player Numbers on the front part of the pants. The right pant leg to be exact. Kinda like soccer shorts. This should be cool.

3. slug is primary mark, NOTHING WILL BE ADDED TO THE PRIMARY CREST. logo is used on the pants as well, secondary mark includes the sabre (the B i presume).

In his press conference he said that there were wordmarks not shown etc. He then said, while indicating his chest, there will be "wordmarks on the jersey intself used with the [slug] on the front of the jersey."

Those things coupled with the fact he mentioned sabres will be used on the jersey leave me more optimistic than I was before, but not entirely happy yet. If the only sabre is in the shoulder patch, I will still not be really happy. The hologram comment has me intrigued as well.

Maybe we should be waiting until we see the whole package. I have never, that I can recall, heard anyone say, "Wait for the whole uniform" but have repeatedly heard, "wait for the whole package." Maybe we are jumping the gun. I dislike the slug (immensly), but maybe it will fit with the scheme when we see the whole thing.

By the way, has anyone seen these sleek looking things Reebok hopes to make the uniforms into? I, a while back, looked into this and saw they were going to use them in a Las Vegas minor league game at some point but never saw any photos or information on it at all. What I did read was that it was going to show off players physiques to some extent and be form-fitting somehow, possibly with the equipment built in. For tradionalists, this is going to be tough to swallow.

I did make an image I thought might illustrate how this could possibly look:

My concept of Reebok's concept

The only way I could see "form-fitting" and "showing off physique" was to put the equipment on the outside, though I still think that keeps it from looking sleek or showing off anything. Bear in mind this illustration is far from accurate in almost every respect, but shows the only way I could see them coming close to accomplishing what they claimed to be attempting.

That said, maybe the slug would have a place on this type of thing. Could also explain LQ's remarks about having something no other team has: multiply placed main logos. Perhaps numbers on front and back like football with crests on shoulders and thighs...dunno.

Those of you traditionalists like myself that think this is a huge mistake, take heart: Philly wore those ridiculous long pants for two seasons...

Archived