Dear Mr. Golisano

PTS

Tommy,

Old buddy, old pal. You saved my team during a time I didn't even think it was worth saving. You made me a fan again, and a season ticket holder to boot. You steadied a team that was 20 minutes away from bankruptcy to a team that was 20 minutes away from going to the Stanley Cup finals which I'm convinced we would have won.

Then fate finally caught up to us. Shortly after, I immediately left for Germany for the 2006 World Cup. I dropped hockey like a bad habit because I couldn't stand to watch two lesser teams compete for what has eluded us for so long. Remarkably, I was fine until this week when I decided to watch

. It brought back all kind of emotions but one primary school of thought: if you bring back our team, we will win next year. There is no doubt about it.

So I am going to ask you for one more big favor. Please -- just for one season -- splurge on this team and keep it together. This is our year and I'd hate for $10 million dollars stop us for getting what we've dreamed about since 1970.

We deserve it.

Sincerely,

Sabres Fan #18690

p.s. Oh, one more favor, please dump that horrible logo and bring back the original.

to be honest, I don't think it is unreaosnable him to have seasons for him to spend to the limit when the iron is hot and to sell off when the team is cold....

as long as we accept the fact that not every year is "our year", I see nothing wrong with this approach.

WOW.... several things flew into my eyes during that... damn dust.

they should show that to all our un-signed players... and then again to everyone right before the season starts...

I CAN'T wait for hockey season!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow... I lived those 2 months... I was at some of the games... I remember the emotions... But, i still can't even describe it in words. All i can say is that i'm glad i'm passionate about the Buffalo Sabres (and Bills, although its been longer for them...)

Tommy,

Old buddy, old pal. You saved my team during a time I didn't even think it was worth saving. You made me a fan again, and a season ticket holder to boot. You steadied a team that was 20 minutes away from bankruptcy to a team that was 20 minutes away from going to the Stanley Cup finals which I'm convinced we would have won.

Then fate finally caught up to us. Shortly after, I immediately left for Germany for the 2006 World Cup. I dropped hockey like a bad habit because I couldn't stand to watch two lesser teams compete for what has eluded us for so long. Remarkably, I was fine until this week when I decided to watch

. It brought back all kind of emotions but one primary school of thought: if you bring back our team, we will win next year. There is no doubt about it.

So I am going to ask you for one more big favor. Please -- just for one season -- splurge on this team and keep it together. This is our year and I'd hate for $10 million dollars stop us for getting what we've dreamed about since 1970.

We deserve it.

Sincerely,

Sabres Fan #18690

p.s. Oh, one more favor, please dump that horrible logo and bring back the original.

that video gave me goosebumps and really did bring a tear to my eye. It just seemed like the SAbres were a team of destiny last year. Oh so close. :(

i dont post alot on here but after watching that video i have to. Frankly I love this TEAM, i dont care about the names on the back all i care about is the logo on the front. If we dont keep Briere that would suck but you know what oh well bye, enjoy the money we would all do it so i dont blame him. The only thing that matters is that im watching them next year no matter what and I always have. From Doug Bodger to Daniel Briere I have always supported them I just wish the owners of this team would realize how many of the fans are just like me, and spend a little to give us, the fans, exactly what we have wanted for over 30 years.

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going into the playoffs I was just happy at how much fun the regular season had been, and then April and May happened. Those videos represent the most fun I have ever had following a Buffalo sports team, we didn't win the cup, but man that was a great time.

Man what a damn great video, it seems like such a long time ago for me....seeing the video from the halls of The RBC was awesome!! my hat off to those fans chanting 'Let's Go Buffalo!'

Such a great hockey season, such a likealbe team, and i don't think us, as a fan base could ahve gotten anymore attached and caught up over our team.

I think game seven seems so far past because for me my worries shifted quickly from winning a cup to worring about next year and hoping to God we keep this team together as much as possible.

As if those worries weren't enough, a jersery is seemingly about to go from respectable to laughable. The red and black was just beginning to collect very good memories, and to be honest w/ you all, I will be sad to see them go after this amazing season. Yes blue and gold were great, but what do the colors of our jersey represent w/ a half-assed logo? It's the treasured history w/ a lousy attempt to re-invent the 'face' of our team.

Surprizing to myself, after thinking about this...

If i had the choice between the current black and red,

and the proposed blue and gold jerseys w/ a slug,

I would choose the Black and Red in a heartbeat.

The 2005-2006 Sabres team made me love everything about the Sabres again, and I believe i was beginning to really appreciate the history that was becoming black and red.

Archived