Any ideas for the Amerks next head coach?

8 minutes ago, kas23 said:

He meant to say the paper work to make either Patches or Prospal head coach has been started. 

Pretty sure this was just being funny.

But for those who didn't hear the interview with Duffer and Marty, it sounded to me like Karmanos was more being respectful of those two rather than seriously considering them.

He specifically mentioned their lack of experience.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Pretty sure this was just being funny.

But for those who didn't hear the interview with Duffer and Marty, it sounded to me like Karmanos was more being respectful of those two rather than seriously considering them.

He specifically mentioned their lack of experience.

Yeah, I’d guess if either had been coaches longer than a year in Rochester they’d have a good shot at the job but 1 year on the job doesn’t exactly make you a great candidate 

Maybe there were bridges burned, but Chris Taylor seems a logical choice (assuming he is not back in New Jersey).  He ha a history with Ruff, Rochester and, I think, Karmanos (he was an assistant for a year at Wilkes-Barre). If the head coach in the AHL is to implement the NHL head coaches systems, then Taylor makes sense.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/14/2024 at 12:21 PM, DarthEbriate said:

Hasn’t anyone mentioned Peca multiple times yet?

(It would be a title upgrade from being a bench assistant with the Rangers.)

I thought of Peca right away and I saw this question on twitter as well. Would it be an upgrade? Is head coach of an AHL team better than NHL assistant? 

I suppose it might be as simple as the size of the pay cheque but idk. 

But if he wanted it, yes, Peca in a heartbeat. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/15/2024 at 6:06 PM, thewookie1 said:

Yeah, I’d guess if either had been coaches longer than a year in Rochester they’d have a good shot at the job but 1 year on the job doesn’t exactly make you a great candidate 

Dunnno, Appert had one year as USNTDP HC, and 10 as a college head coach when he got the Amerks job.

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Guess that timeline will likely rule out Peca.  (If he were even in consideration for the role with the limited about of experience he currently has.)

He could be busy right up until the draft if they can find a way to get past the Swamp Cats.