Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'll take it further:  If Lindy fails, the franchise will implode.  Complete teardown to the studs, new electricity, new plumbing.  Endless tanks, cats and dogs living together.... ugh.

Blame the owner for giving the fans what they wanted.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Blame the owner for giving the fans what they wanted.

No this is what the owner wants cuz because he's a nostalgia fruit. That and it's a pr move to sell season tickets. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

No this is what the owner wants cuz because he's a nostalgia fruit. That and it's a pr move to sell season tickets. 

Now that Ruff is hired you're denying fans wanted him? Nice.

My question now is what happens to Seth Appert. Will her be brought up to assist Lindy, or do we lose him to another team?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Some did, most don't. And even if they did, who cares? Isn't the point to hire the best person?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My question now is what happens to Seth Appert. Will her be brought up to assist Lindy, or do we lose him to another team?

Nobody is going to hire Appert to be their head coach. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I would be totally OK with him being an assistant

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This isn't true. The Sabres roster made it a very attractive job. Of course we'll never know how attractive now, will we.

To whom? If this truly was the case, Berube and Gallant's agents would have contacted the club regarding the coaching vacancy. Apparently that hasn't happened. I can't see Lindy getting the job over either of those 2 if they made themselves available to the Sabres organization. I'm good with the Lindy hiring but I do feel we, as Sabres fans, over value the players in the organization. Let's see what Lindy can do with them or we see who stays and who gets shipped out for next season. I'm not completely 100% sold on the players in the organization. Some will bloom, others will fail.

• Agree 1