Per Tim Graham a stake of 25% of the Buffalo Bills is for sale

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

So what is the benefit of someing BUYING 25% share of the Bills?  I'm guessing if there is a sale of team anytime in the future, they are in best position to buy it?

an investment that appreciates at a rate that outpaces all other investments.

and, in the meantime, a share of those sweet profits.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

lmao "estate taxes become more burdensome" go home Tim, no one gives a flying F about Pegula eventually having to pay an estate tax. 

Well, you might care if and when his family is forced to sell the team.  

(I'm not arguing against estate taxes for the super-rich, just pointing out why it's relevant here.)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Well, you might care if and when his family is forced to sell the team.  

(I'm not arguing against estate taxes for the super-rich, just pointing out why it's relevant here.)

Why would they be forced to sell? Hmm? 

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I recommend everyone read Capital in the 21st Century. It really changed my perspective on estate tax.

I've seen parts of this. I should read it but the general gist is investment growth outpaces productivity growth

16 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

So what is the benefit of someing BUYING 25% share of the Bills?  I'm guessing if there is a sale of team anytime in the future, they are in best position to buy it?

Terry gets about 1 billion in cash and yes the 25% owner would probably get first right of refusal for 100% when Pegula sells. 

• dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

For what ? 

for dunking on them as clickbait knuckleheads who didn't know dip squat when they tweeted yesterday about rumoured sales of Pegula sports stakes being afoot.

21 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I could be mistaken on this but hasn’t Terry been vocal about bringing private equity into the NFL? 

private equity ruins what it touches.

like a reverse midas touch.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Yes to your last question - and if the team sells in 15 years, the ROI will be awesome. Or...they can always sell their portion for an awesome ROI. 

Also, ego. 

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

for dunking on them as clickbait knuckleheads who didn't know dip squat when they tweeted yesterday about rumoured sales of Pegula sports stakes being afoot.

private equity ruins what it touches.

like a reverse midas touch.

The guy said Pegula was selling everything except the Bills when it ended up the exact opposite was true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Current and retired professional athletes with ownership in a sports franchise.

Myles Garrett  a stake in the NBA’s Cleveland Cavaliers

Patrick Mahomes: Kansas City Royals (MLB), Sporting Kansas City (MLS), Kansas City Current (NWSL), Alpine F1 Team (F1)The Chiefs’ quarterback most recently joined Alpine F1 Team as an investor alongside Travis Kelce, Rory McIlroy and Ryan Reynolds.

LeBron James: Boston Red Sox (MLB), Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL), Liverpool FC (EPL), RFK Racing (NASCAR)Fenway Sports Group as a partner in 2021,which in turn made him a part-owner of FSG’s ventures in baseball, hockey, soccer and stock car racing.

Michael Jordan: Charlotte Hornets (NBA), 23XI Racing (NASCAR) a NASCAR team owner in 2021 and has since become a mainstay at race tracks supporting his two cars.

Magic Johnson: Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB), Washington Commanders (NFL), Los Angeles Sparks (WNBA), Los Angeles FC (MLS)

Tom Brady: Las Vegas Aces (WNBA), Birmingham City FC (EFL Championship)

Serena Williams: Miami Dolphins (NFL), Angel City FC (NWSL)

Kevin Durant: Philadelphia Union (MLS), NJ/NY Gotham FC (NWSL)

Alex Rodriguez: Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA), Minnesota Lynx (WNBA)

Aaron Rodgers: Milwaukee Bucks (NBA)

Giannis Antetokounmpo: Milwaukee Brewers (MLB)

David Beckham: Inter Miami CF (MLS)

Dwayne Wade: Utah Jazz (NBA)

James Harden and Oscar De La Hoya: Houston Dynamo (MLS), Houston Dash (NWSL)

Naomi Osaka: North Carolina Courage (NWSL)

J.J. Watt: Burnley FC (EPL)

Mario Lemieux: Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL)

Steve Nash: Vancouver Whitecaps FC (MLS)

Warrick Dunn: Atlanta Falcons (NFL)

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That's some great critical thinking. How did she confirm that? Who are the named sources? Yesterday she surely thought no part of the Bills was for sale.

Clearly everything is on the table in the Pegula sports portfolio.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, sabremike said:

The guy said Pegula was selling everything except the Bills when it ended up the exact opposite was true.

He definitely didn't get a clear transmission, but he definitely had something.

As for the exact opposite being true, not so: Graham (?) first came out and said "this is about a sale of the Knighthawks - that's all."

That is the team that seemed to precipitate the post from 12ozsports. I think that's a focus of his.

So, validation for 12oz.

Then Graham came out and said: Oops. Chunk of the Bills is also for sale. And Graham then said: I no longer doubt that the same is true for the Sabres.

So, stick tap to 12oz.

I forget how TerryTheTailer factors into this. What did he Tweet?

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

That's some great critical thinking. How did she confirm that? Who are the named sources? Yesterday she surely thought no part of the Bills was for sale.

Clearly everything is on the table in the Pegula sports portfolio.

Nothing like failing to learn from lessons of the past -- especially when "the past" is less than a day ago.

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

The double negative in the second portion of that tweet is twisting my brain into knots. 

Haha. I gotchu. Graham is now agnostic (?) as to whether a chunk of the Sabres is up for sale as well. Given that he got burned, it would appear that he's open to the possibility of this being true.