NHL Playoffs (First Round) discussion

SwampD

Not over yet and I don’t want to jinx it, and I was wrong about Hellebuyck apparently (yeesh) but: 

On 1/21/2024 at 2:59 PM, Thorny said:

I just think this very easy extended stretch of games has also been a bit of a factor, too.

I’m not sold on them as a playoff threat at all until I see it, the whole league tightens up defensively so with their advantage on that front somewhat mitigated I’m not sure their offence will get it done at that time, but it’s certainly wide open. You have to give them credit for an outstanding season thus far. 

Bowness needs some awards consideration  

On 3/3/2024 at 6:55 PM, Thorny said:

Jets are frauds 

On 3/23/2024 at 2:13 PM, Thorny said:

Also the Jets are frauds 

It’s really their D AND offence that has let them down. They seem ill-equipped for playoff puck 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Yes, but not at the ask price.

He turned down 8x7mil in CGY

Lindholm has not been good since he's been with the Canucks, and the fanbase doesn't have much respect for the way he's played. Maybe things change after tonight.

19 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Not sure what you're referring to but I just tuned in and saw the OT goal with a bunch of disinterested Predators around the net and thought these look like the Sabres. 

Referring to their lackadaisical play and complete disregard and neglect of defense 

• Like (+1) 1

After watching that pile of dogshit Caps team and thinking how they somehow got into the playoffs I want us to rehire that incompetent Granato just so we can instantly fire him again. What an appaling failure this season was, no coach in history was more justly fired.

For having arguably the 2 best skaters in the game the oilers sure are PP fiends. Brutal penalty call after none all game gets them on the board 

the best days of the playoffs are when the Canadian teams lose 

• dislike 1

I'm hopping a flight now to Latvia, it's crazy it's 6am here and there's still an active game going on, sadly my fubo/hulu/etc doesn't work well here so I can't stream hockey like I do at home. VPN isn't working well. Oh well, I'll just follow the forums and highlights. 

32 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm hopping a flight now to Latvia, it's crazy it's 6am here and there's still an active game going on, sadly my fubo/hulu/etc doesn't work well here so I can't stream hockey like I do at home. VPN isn't working well. Oh well, I'll just follow the forums and highlights. 

Meeting with the Girgs family?

7 hours ago, sabremike said:

After watching that pile of dogshit Caps team and thinking how they somehow got into the playoffs I want us to rehire that incompetent Granato just so we can instantly fire him again. What an appaling failure this season was, no coach in history was more justly fired.

Ralph Kreuger 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

Not over yet and I don’t want to jinx it, and I was wrong about Hellebuyck apparently (yeesh) but: 

It’s really their D AND offence that has let them down. They seem ill-equipped for playoff puck 

This is what is very strange to me. The Jets bitch slapped us up and down the ice The last time we played them. After that game, I wanted nothing more than to have a roster like theirs. Not quite sure what is going on over there in Winnipeg.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He's worth more than Cozens. 

I disagree purely on an age basis

Cozens contract takes him to 29/30 years old

Lindholm would be ages 29/30 through 36/37

The odds Lindholm is worth 7mil that long is practically null. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Heads going to roll in Toronto if they lose game 5. 

Keith Pelley is taking over as President and CEO of MLSE so I expect a napalm bomb to be dropped on the Leafs. Shanahan 💩 canned along with Keefe. I would imagine Treleving stays as long as he sells a plan to reshape and cleanup this mess. The core four has to be torn apart. Tavares and Marner both have one year to UFA status. I think Matthews and Nylander are the two they keep.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I disagree purely on an age basis

Cozens contract takes him to 29/30 years old

Lindholm would be ages 29/30 through 36/37

The odds Lindholm is worth 7mil that long is practically null. 

Oh definitely all those 35 year olds should just slit their wrists and end it all. Life is over. I'm talking to you Crosby, Giroux, Burns, Pavelski, Marchand, etc. 

Seriously, no question the last year or two might be diminishing returns but he's still good for a number of years and just look what he's doing for Vancouver. You want to win or not?