NHL Playoffs (First Round) discussion

SwampD

I'm not going to stay up for it, but the third in the Avs/Jets game is likely to be good. The second period had some of the pace of the first game and now the Jets are down by two.

5 minutes ago, ... said:

I'm not going to stay up for it, but the third in the Avs/Jets game is likely to be good. The second period had some of the pace of the first game and now the Jets are down by two.

Georgiev has not been good but Hellebuyck has been equally bad so far this series.

Demko injured and Desmith has not been up to the task tonight so far against the Preds. Worst nightmare for a team when the franchise goalie goes down in Game 1 of the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Nashville played a really really good playoff game tonight. Lauzon was the guy Seattle got from Boston and then traded him away for a 2nd rounder I think because they liked Borgen better (?) In any event I'm thinking both teams have regrets on the guy. We should have traded a 2nd rounder for him and added a sweetener if needed. Guy is a hit machine and exactly what we could have used. 

Games in Nashville should be crazy. 

On 4/23/2024 at 7:16 AM, Big Guava said:

Not a single OT game yet...surprising with how many have been one goal games.

First round.

15 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Don’t hate the game, hate the league 

I have no problem with it. At least they are trying to win. I hate what our gm/owner has done way more,… “cheating” to get to the cap floor?!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

How is that not goaltender interference? Tkachuk fell on top of Vasilefsky's back.

Lots of goaltender running in that game. Tkachuck throws an elbow on the first goal and gets away with it. Stamkos does a swan dive on Bobrovsky later in the game. I thought there was a rule about avoiding goalie contact? I guess if you are checked the rule is waived and you can do what you want. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Nashville played a really really good playoff game tonight. Lauzon was the guy Seattle got from Boston and then traded him away for a 2nd rounder I think because they liked Borgen better (?) In any event I'm thinking both teams have regrets on the guy. We should have traded a 2nd rounder for him and added a sweetener if needed. Guy is a hit machine and exactly what we could have used. 

Games in Nashville should be crazy. 

Canucks out shoot the Preds 18 to 15 Ugh. I hope there is a few more chances in Nashville.

1 hour ago, Jorcus said:

Canucks out shoot the Preds 18 to 15 Ugh. I hope there is a few more chances in Nashville.

Canucks had just 5 shots nearly half-way into the game after blabbing all day that they needed to stay patient and not deviate from their game plan.

I think sometimes that mantra can be taken a little too far.

3 hours ago, Jorcus said:

Lots of goaltender running in that game. Tkachuck throws an elbow on the first goal and gets away with it. Stamkos does a swan dive on Bobrovsky later in the game. I thought there was a rule about avoiding goalie contact? I guess if you are checked the rule is waived and you can do what you want. 

It’s the NHL, rules are optional. Mere guidelines to their actual “code” where only prescribed players can murder people on the ice, how much the other teams complain about it and last but not least, if you just commit 10 penalties every shift, they can’t call them all, right?

Also, please post more. Your handle makes me think of Jordan Norkus, who quite frankly, I can’t get enough of.  I’d consider moving to Buffalo just to watch the news.  My lawd.  

Edited by inkman

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

"ugh" as in you don't like that type of hockey or "ugh" as in you think Canucks were bad? 

You don't think Nashville played good defensive hockey?

That type of Hockey. Nashville is a good team loaded with veterans who can play just about anyway they want to. They are doing what they need to to win and I get that. When you get down to only a few chances each way for a period it's way different than watching Florida Tampa. A low scoring game with lots of chances. 

16 hours ago, inkman said:

Mute is your friend. Put on some music you enjoy instead.  

I watch the game with the volume muted and I either stream music or spin vinyl.   

I have a nice Bourbon for tonight.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I watch the game with the volume muted and I either stream music or spin vinyl.   

I have a nice Bourbon for tonight.  

Southern Tier Smoked Bourbon.   whiskey bourbon GIF

This Boston Toronto series is exactly why we really needed to get into the playoffs. The team, as it is currently constructed would be absolutely ragdolled from start to finish. It would actually be embarrassing. The good part about that is that this idiot GM would finally realize how to build a team. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This Boston Toronto series is exactly why we really needed to get into the playoffs. The team, as it is currently constructed would be absolutely ragdolled from start to finish. It would actually be embarrassing. The good part about that is that this idiot GM would finally realize how to build a team. 

Maybe he would realize it. Over 100 hits before the end of the 2nd period. The Sabres would get pummeled. 

Marchand still a dirty little punk. I hope to God someone destroys him this series. Of course the only guy he'll challenge is Bertuzzi.