GDT: Capitals @ Sabres - Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 7:00 PM (EDT), MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Close to a 30 goal pace without having played many games in his career - impressive.

I'll add, we're a little unlucky with his injuries. I think we would have made it had he been healthy - then how would everyone feel about our team?

It will be part of the myriad of excuses that GMKA and HCDG will cite for falling short of meeting expectations......and will justify no changes for next.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Close to a 30 goal pace without having played many games in his career - impressive.

I'll add, we're a little unlucky with his injuries. I think we would have made it had he been healthy - then how would everyone feel about our team?

If the Sabres were in a playoff spot right now, we’d acknowledge they’re a flawed and young team dying for the playoff experience to find out what they really need to do for the future. 

And we’d be happy. There’s lots to improve and still a good season. The foundation is there. 

Alas…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

If the Sabres were in a playoff spot right now, we’d acknowledge they’re a flawed and young team dying for the playoff experience to find out what they really need to do for the future. 

And we’d be happy. There’s lots to improve and still a good season. The foundation is there. 

Alas…

Wanna talk about a team not showing up with it's season on the line? The Caps.

6 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a party.

Just now, Indabuff said:

Solid game from UPL

Good bounce back 

9 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Doesn’t work like that. You have to go and give every other team their key injured guy back, too. Every team has one 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wanna talk about a team not showing up with it's season on the line? The Caps.

The standard: are we this good or are they making us look good? The same question we’ve asked of the Sabres when Ottawa or Detroit crushes them with the faintest glimmer of hope remaining.