GDT - Flyers @ Sabres - Friday, April 5, 2024 - 7:00 PM (EDT)

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’m really starting to loath the “a” word.  It’s become the blue collar fan rally cry.  What are they going to do, bench $55 million dollars worth of players and call up rookies?  They hitched their wagons to these guys. We get to deal with the repercussions.  Yay us. 

At some point even benching them for a few minutes may get the message across, the way Power is playing right now with no repricussions when he makes mistake after mistake just rewards failure imo. Same goes for any player that isn't getting the message across.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Donny’s 2nd intermission speech.  

“We just gotta keep not tying and get lucky”

This just in, you’re a pompous ass. 

Surprised you got the you're right for once.

5 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

He would hold all of them accountable.  The only players Granato holds accountable are rookies and Olofsson. 

True.  But at this point, this group of Sabres still lack accountability from within.   It’s time to see the leaders from the core emerge.  They could use an infusion of dare I say “vets in their prime”.   That just doesn’t happen easily for the Sabres apparently 

3 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Third period strategy needs to be "when in doubt, shoot".

Yes. Play in Philly’s zone and shoot da’ puck.  

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think it’s more like Philly is trying, Buffalo isn’t. I don’t see any strategy to it. 

The Sabres seem to struggle for the past two seasons against Philly with Torts behind the bench

Just now, Pimlach said:

True.  But at this point, this group of Sabres still lack accountability from within.   It’s time to see the leaders from the core emerge.  They could use an infusion of dare I say “vets in their prime”.   That just doesn’t happen easily for the Sabres apparently 

Didin't we just have Vets here? Okposo, Girgensons has been here forever, Eric Johnson, Dahlin has been here since 2018, Craig Anderson. What does Vets in their prime mean? 

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yes. The Sabres struggle against teams that try. 

Especially "heavy" teams that try. Love the 3-1 lead, but it's going to be interesting to see how they handle the inevitable heavy game coming in the third.

I know getting pucks to the net is an age old hockey adage but when there are 3 opposing players standing directly in front of your and you still decide to try to squeeze it through, your name is Jeff Skinner.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Didin't we just have Vets here? Okposo, Girgensons has been here forever, Eric Johnson, Dahlin has been here since 2018, Craig Anderson. What does Vets in their prime mean? 

The “vets in their prime” is commonly discussed here. Hence the quotes. It could mean what you imagine it to mean.  

Benson swinging back… Fearless… Too bad only a couple others have that warrior gene.

• Like (+1) 1