GDT / Maple Leafs @ Buffalo Sabres Saturday March 30th, 7pm / MSG ESPN+ & WGR Radio

Just tired of this team, losing some love of hockey... may need a break from even playing myself... my son has me into golf beating little balls senseless... story of the Sabres season... they definitely have little or no balls.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ... said:

Meatball's presser:

Hot goalie - check.
Broken stick on the play - check.
Stay in the moment, you're going to get better - check. 

It would be so goddamned refreshing to hear a coach just say "we sucked. There's no excuses, we sucked and it starts with me. I've failed utterly this season." But nope, we get ***** platitudes game in and game out.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Why will they be moved?

Someone will buy them and keep them here if Pegula sells the team. It’s not the fans fault Pegula has destroyed the team.  Bring in some successful NHL people to run the team and the building will be full again. All people want is success.

At this point all I would ask for is the team going out and playing competitive NHL level hockey every game of the season.

Which is going to take new coaching and probably a new GM and definitely new ownership to make it all happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Here’s one good quote 

It should be fun to watch them b*tch & moan the first time they get booed out of a 3/4 empty building early in the season.

Cozens is all heart and this is hurting him and his pride. But I don’t see him being the type to just keep accepting this. He will try to improve. I believe that. His vocal fry, however, belongs on the bachelor. 

Insaid it in another thread but when Sergei Gonchar offers advice to a Quinn Hughes, his resume dictates that he should be listened to and respected. Matt Ellis commands absolutely nothing. 

As for Byram I’m not so sure he will bolt so soon but it could mean Power is moved for other pieces.

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I feel sorry for Cozens. You know he cares. He just has no idea what to say. No  vet leadership to show the way and take the bullets from the media.

Tuch is the best vet presence they can offer… and he is an overrated vet on every dimension, imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

As for Byram I’m not so sure he will bolt so soon but it could mean Power is moved for other pieces.

I would trade or package Power in a skinny minute while he still has people fooled and retains high value.

Edited by Believer
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, ... said:

Would a better coach be worth an extra 5 points right now?

Easily.

This! If Torts can get that Philly team in the playoffs, there is plenty enough talent to get 95 points out of this team, 

• Agree 3

I believe there are guys on the team that this doesn’t phase them. Dylan Cozens, Tuch, Dahlin, this eats them up. Cozens is not there just collecting, this is seriously hurting him. His character and roots dictate that. He will be better. But he needs a vocal coach to rid him of the fry. My goodness

4 minutes ago, Believer said:

I would trade or package Power in a skinny minute while he still has people fooled and high value.

I’m not so sure. Some wanted to move on from Hedman early on. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am glad this Buffalo Sabres season is coming to an end. The Sabres season was over a long time ago. I guess the issue I have as a Sabres fan is I don’t see our top six forwards being good enough to win a Stanley Cup as a core unit. Individually traded to a good team sure. All that tanking and look what the Sabres have to show for it? The Buffalo Sabres fan base is gone the arena is filled with other teams fans. I don’t think Terry Pegula will do a thing because he is just managing the Buffalo Sabres like a business asset nothing more than that. The same thing is going to happen to the Buffalo Bills they will be like Sabres games with out of town fans of other teams that can pay the PSL prices. The Buffalo Bills are just a business asset now for Terry Pegula. Again I don’t think really anything anyone can do about it. They are private businesses and there is nothing really anyone can do. It is what it is. Buffalo Super Fan would you pay and go to this Sabres product if you were healthy enough to do so? No for the Buffalo Sabres and no for the Buffalo Bills after 2025 when PSL’s start just on principle no. Because I don’t believe in paying for the right to buy a season ticket personally. For me it would be television for both the Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bills. I can barely stomach watching the Buffalo Sabres on television they are a pathetic franchise that is basically a AHL franchise in the NHL today in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1