So we tank out the rest of this year??

They finish with about 80 points (give or take a few). I can't seem them catching ANYONE in front of them, and only Montreal has a slight chance of catching the Sabres from below but I don't think that will happen either.  

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

We aren't tanking but I imagine the mood on the team will be down and they will just be playing out the season with minimal efforts. RFAs will probably give a damn playing for contracts. The losing culture gets deeper entrenched. Vacation plans are probably already in the making. 

I personally don't care about the draft one iota. 

So pretty much the same as they have been for most of the season?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

HCDG as Pinky: What will we do for the rest of the season, Brain?

GMKA as Brain: What we try to do at the end of every season -- draft 8th.

I laughed out loud, very good.  But actually to stay true to the trope failing to take over the world every episode it should read,

HCDG as Pinky: What will we do next season, Brain?

GMKA as Brain: Same thing we do every season:  Try to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Thorny said:

8 looks like a sweet spot, looking at the teams around us. We aren’t tanking, but no there’s not much to watch for. I don’t think success here really would mean anything as far as next season goes (as we saw last)

Still, I expect them to keep fighting and would expect nothing less. You don’t back down from the expectation to win once it’s installed 

We have expectation to win installed? Since when??

Why am I always the last to hear of these things??!!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I’m going to Canucks game on 19th and it’s the second of back to back games. I’m gonna get Comrie aren’t I

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Probably not.  I think 6K will get every game until Sabres are officially eliminated from the playoff.  In that case by the 19th you may get Levi.

44 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I’m going to Canucks game on 19th and it’s the second of back to back games. I’m gonna get Comrie aren’t I? 

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

I’m in the same quandary. I’m waiting for Kraken ticket prices to drop even further (it’s working!). But which game do they give UPL — Seattle or Vancouver?

I want to see the Sabres get a win against the expansion team. 

I definitely want them to try to win every GD game, simply to try to expel the losing culture that permeates this franchise.

BUT if they lose a bunch of games and a weak finish convinces KA to fire DG...

21 hours ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

We have zero chance at playoffs. Our offense is joke. We are lhd central. How many spots can we realistically drop??

Players don’t rank.  Organizations tank.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, inkman said:

Players don’t rank.  Organizations tank.  

16 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

You are right,  our players are Rank.... lol

What about the Rank Organisation?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I definitely want them to try to win every GD game, simply to try to expel the losing culture that permeates this franchise.

BUT if they lose a bunch of games and a weak finish convinces KA to fire DG...

Expect a renewal of confidence in the plan 

• Agree 1

We can beat Detroit 3 times, the issue being they probably aren’t the team pacing for WC2 if we do. It’s still possible but is getting ridiculously hard because of the shrinking runway 

Edited by Thorny

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We can beat Detroit 3 times, the issue being they probably aren’t the team pacing for WC2 if we do. It’s still possible but is getting ridiculously hard because of the shrinking runway 

We have five away games coming up, capped by a four game West Coast trip… Will be mighty impressive if we are still statistically alive after we get home.

• Like (+1) 1