Casey Mittelstadt traded for Bowen Byram

inkman

5 minutes ago, seer775 said:

How dare you compare bowen byram to sid. 

And sid was 28 in 2017.

In terms of concussions sustained, yes, I DID compare Byram to Crosby because it’s relevant. Your weak attempt to suggest I was comparing skill levels as hockey players is absurd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

Byram and it’s not close.  He’s a 4th overall pick, top pairing dman. 

That’s 3 top pairing dmen.   

Why are the Avs giving up on him? 

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

gene wilder thinking GIF

It’s been a long, time time since it’s even been theoretically possible for us to dismiss “timeline to success” as a factor. His argument collapses upon itself by needing to use “prospect” to make its point 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Had nothing to do with what? Injuries are a continuing factor. Inability to stick with the nhl is a lost variable 

If Byram was only close in games because Casey was sent down while Byram instead was hurt, yes, it doesn’t  diminish the injury concern 

Has nothing to do with the number of NHL games each has played in their first four seasons. Casey played in nine more to date and Byram will surpass that this season if he stays available. I’m not discounting availability here, but that’s a different argument for this particular discussion. 

The argument was made that while Byram was in the hospital, Mitts was actually playing in Rochester (never mind that Mitts already had 114 NHL games under his belt before being sent to Rochester)  and I’m simply pointing out that Byram hasn’t actually played much less at the same point in their respective careers, regardless of games lost to injury or time spent in the minors. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

A contract to Casey would have blocked Byram’s path to being here 

This is absolutely not happening. This is the D add. We traded our best forward to do it. This is our guy 

I don't agree. Still have assets to move - Tuch, Joker, Samuelsson with the big club. Shame Skinner is stuck with them.    Still have the #1 prospect system in the league...cant keep them all (at least i hope not) and a 1st round pick.

or they can go the UFA route.

33 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Byram is 22, he's been concussion free for 2 years now... had a lower body injury after that.

I like the gamble, he's a grade A prospect KA is buying low... and selling while Casey's stock is at an all-time high. 

I recall Casey dealing with some injury issues early on in his career as well.

Buying low?  You think Casey is buying low?

1 hour ago, seer775 said:

Byram is averaging 37 games per season.

He'd be a great hockey player if he, yknow, played hockey.

But he doesn't. He's at the Doctor's office.

Our top scorer was lost to a broken 3rd pair Defensman.

Explain how that is good.

Time out...lets not forget Casey basically missed the entire season 2 years ago.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I don't agree. Still have assets to move - Tuch, Joker, Samuelsson with the big club. Shame Skinner is stuck with them.    Still have the #1 prospect system in the league...cant keep them all (at least i hope not) and a 1st round pick.

or they can go the UFA route.

If our best forward can’t even get the right shot we need, I struggle to see why lesser assets would 

I mean this in sincerity: you shouldn’t hope for someone as good as Byram because we just cashed in the most valuable chip we had and that’s what it was worth 

Also we were ranked mid-pack on lots of prospect lists. Athletic was the outlier 

not that it matters. Prospect strength doesn’t matter 

Edited by Thorny

Just dissatisfied, didn’t have any interest in Byram from the start for Mitts and that’s all we ended up doing. Yay, another skinny defenseman with little physical presence and who’s been a in perpetual nosedive since his rookie season. 

then the Bills just ripped out my heart so I’m just numb atm

56 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Bowy will fit right in with Cozy and Krebsy. Want to be here. 

Adams is collecting Team Canada's lockout world junior team.

Cozens and Krebs were that team's top forwards, Levi its starting goalie, Quinn a middle-sixer and Byrum its top defenceman and alternate captain.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, dudacek said:

Adams is collecting Team Canaa's lockout world junior team.

Cozens and Krebs were that team's top forwards, Levi its starting goalie, Quinn a middle-sixer and Byrum its top defenceman and alternate captain.

ADCBA0E9-A6FF-412C-B7B9-31EC62D43D66.thumb.jpeg.07c769ba8fe58fd90c97805a583143af.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If our best forward can’t even get the right shot we need, I struggle to see why lesser assets would 

I mean this in sincerity: you shouldn’t hope for someone as good as Byram because we just cashed in the most valuable chip we had and that’s what it was worth 

Also we were ranked mid-pack on lots of prospect lists. Athletic was the outlier 

not that it matters. Prospect strength doesn’t matter 

what prospects list had them mid pack?