Trade Deadline Deals (Non Sabres)

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Pegula once again demonstrating his self-proclaimed "I'm smarter than anybody else" delusional thinking.

As the saying goes....the fish stinks most from the head.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’d be really surprised if LA was on his 16 team no trade list.

That appears to be the case as his NMC changed to a NTC after the first two years of his deal with the Bruins. 

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well for some unknown reason the Pegulas love Girgensons like a son.

We actually drafted him as “Zemgus Girgen”

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's "legal" but this is absurd. 

I have to cheer for them to lose to whoever this year. Without a doubt. It's just too far. 

Don’t hate the player, hate the game 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We actually drafted him as “Zemgus Girgen”

Don’t hate the player, hate the game 

Well the "rule" has to be changed that's for sure but since they are the violator I will hate them for now (almost as much as I will continue to hate the Leafs).

TSN compared it to the old Yankees era where everybody went there and they spent far more than any other team. I think it's a fair comparison. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know why anyone is upset about Vegas unless you think they are faking injuries. I wish every sport allowed teams to go over the cap if injuries left you unable to compete. 
It does make me laugh at those who think the Sabres should be worried about salary cap restraints. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Vegas is operating within the confines of the CBA.  Any team can do this, they just need an owner willing to sign off on it 

No more Sabres Deals 

If they want to stop it (or lessen it) what the league needs imo is an independent medical assessment team that answers only to the NHL. When teams go over cap they need to examine LTIR guys and if they deem them "healthy" at any point then get taken off LTIR and then that team has to play roster short. That and extending the cap into the playoffs. 

You can have players that send you over the cap, you just can't dress a roster over cap during the season. Should be in the playoffs too. 

Just now, tom webster said:

I don’t know why anyone is upset about Vegas unless you think they are faking injuries. I wish every sport allowed teams to go over the cap if injuries left you unable to compete. 
It does make me laugh at those who think the Sabres should be worried about salary cap restraints. 

I think they fake the severity of injuries. Stone has a bad back no question. He can't do the rigors of a full season, but come playoff time he goes on extra meds and sucks it up. So how injured he is, is a questionable issue and somewhat open to interpretation.