GDT / Carolina Hurricanes @ Buffalo Sabres, Sunday 6:05pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Not if you realize the Sabres would have to get 75% of their remaining points, which they won't without celestial intervention, to even be at the playoff cut line. 

Get out of here with your “logic” 

29 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Hey. Nice win. UPL still playing well even against a good offsense. Even matchup in shots and chances.

Now we know the team is capable with playing Carolina evenly...  when Carolina is on its 3rd game in 4 days.

They played Carolina even in November also and lost by the same score.

Some quick thoughts: This was a terrific game to watch. Maximum effort throughout and drama on scoring chances. Our first line is back in sync with a lot of scoring chances. Tage is creating chances but isn't converting. However, he and his mates are playing well. 

UPL is my first star in this game. He is a transformed player. The transformation is stunning and not expected. It wasn't long ago where there was a chorus of voices yelling to jettison him. 

Krebs is looking better and better. Playing with Okposo and Girgs helped him to play a more responsible and tighter game. Now he is playing with players who are a little more offensive oriented. It has allowed him to exhibit his set up skills. I thought the play of the game was when he was maneuvering behind the net waiting for one of his players to step into an open space. Power moved into the open spot to receive his pass, and then made a laser shot into an open space.  

Mitts is playing well. And Greenway is playing well and moving better than I thought he could. He was a terrific pickup for a small price. 

Bryson is playing well. It wasn't that long ago where he also was a scorned player. 

I disagreed with the penalty on Dahlin where he ended up driving into the goalie with an opposition player on him when he was going to the net. It was apparent that Dahlin was trying to hold up when he was at the net. That penalty could have been a disastrous call against us. This team showed a lot of fortitude and character to not let it deflate them. 

Both teams played a tough brand of hockey. This was a game full of tension. This is the type of full throttle game that will help get the fans back into the arena. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 7

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not if you realize the Sabres would have to get 75% of their remaining points, which they won't without celestial intervention, to even be at the playoff cut line. 

This game is what makes this year so frustrating. The pieces are here. We are getting consistent goaltending. The regression of the PP is just mind blowing. 

I put the failure of this season at the feet of the coaching staff. With the offensive talent they have to see the PP be that awful is inexcusable.

What makes Brindamour so impressive is that their goaltending is nothing to write home about and they really don’t have a lot of weapons up front but Rod gets them ready to play every night and they play a system that allows them to be opportunistic when they need to. And their special teams are both tremendous.

I think if you take this Sabres roster as is and add Brindamour and his staff that this team is in the playoffs right now.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1

43 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

All it took was for someone to realize plenty of goalies get better the more regular playing time they get. Adams three headed monster and everyone gets a turn plan, did not work at all. He has cost this team since he's been here with his idiotic overall handling of the goalie situation. 

In Kevyn's world, goalies are like doorknobs.....everyone gets a turn. 

Disagree.  What did UPL do to deserve the #1 spot early in the season?    KA gave each guy a chance to claim the job, none did until UPL halfway through the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

37 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I generally agree with this post, except for the usage of "comeuppance".

I recognize if people use it these days, it has a negative connotation. But I think the etymology makes a lot of sense in context if you ignore that aforementioned connotation.

Games like this provide a glimpse into what they would look like with a head coach who could get them to show up consistently.

They looked focused and motivated.   Where has this been all season?  

We see it now simply because their backs are against the wall, but it's too little too late.... again.    Points in October and November are just as important.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Krebs is looking better and better. Playing with Okposo and Girgs helped him to play a more responsible and tighter game. Now he is playing with players who are a little more offensive oriented. It has allowed him to exhibit his set up skills.

I've noticed in the last few games he's pulled a maneuver or two that just makes me go... whoa.  It was the setup for today's goal but there was another one earlier.  As JJP and Benson learn what Krebs can do and they get in sync, this could be a really, really good line.

• Like (+1) 2

I find it hilarious, that this ***** starts now.  When there's more pressure than any to need to get hot. Realistically, it's infeasible that they sneak in.  However, let it ride. Where was this *****, in December. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Out of town scoreboard hurts 

Not even a little. That was a fun game. I don't ever care about what other teams do.

I just want to say that both of Dahlin's penalties,… were. Both were just dumb on his part.

He's already injured one (two?) Sabres goalies by hitting guys into them. I just don't get why he does that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I still think Granato needs to go.  This continual weak ass crap about starting the season after the allstar break is tired, pathetic and pedestrian.  Sabres players, if you cared so much about the job safety of your coach, play with more life, in December-February.  Not when there's less than 25 games left.

Edited by Rasmus_
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not even a little. That was a fun game. I don't ever care about what other teams do.

I just want to say that both of Dahlin's penalties,… were. Both were just dumb on his part.

He's already injured one (two?) Sabres goalies by hitting guys into them. I just don't get why he does that.

I thought both penalty calls against Dahlin were the right call, a lot of people did not 

Seems you saw it the way I saw it 

57 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

I find it hilarious, that this ***** starts now.  When there's more pressure than any to need to get hot. Realistically, it's infeasible that they sneak in.  However, let it ride. Where was this *****, in December. 

Where was Dan's excitement? He made it sound like Game 7. The answer is so obvious.

1 hour ago, ... said:

I recognize if people use it these days, it has a negative connotation. But I think the etymology makes a lot of sense in context if you ignore that aforementioned connotation.

Not "these days." "Comeuppance" has ALWAYS had a negative connotation. "A punishment or fate that someone deserves."

But about the hockey, I agree with you. 

Edited by Dr K
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

14 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Nobody... Nobody... Circles the calendars like the Buffalo Sabres.

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

At home the Sabres used to sit there and do nothing, and regret it for the rest of the day, so today they will do the opposite, and they will do something!

Sabres by one in extra time

When will all yall realize you are in the presence of an idiot savant?

• Haha (+1) 2