Girgensons Is No Longer An NHL Level Player ?

JoeSchmoe

Sorry fanboys... In his prime he was barely serviceable. Now that he's 30 and on the backside of his career, he's done. 

For the love of God KA, please let him be some other team's problem next year.

Better yet, send this team a message and waive his Latvian a** down to Rochester. Nobody's picking up his prorated $2.5M... and this will save us from taking some other team's Bjork/Robinson at the trade deadline who'll be inevitably trotted out all next year leading us to yet another drought season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 3

I’d rather he be traded to a contender. He’s earned a chance to win a cup or at least play a bunch of playoff hockey. We don’t need to take a contract on in return. We can simply accept a very late round pick. 

He has always given 100% while playing for a garbage organization. I do believe had he not been relegated to the fourth line so quickly, he could’ve developed into a decent middle six guy. This organization screwed up his development because they were so busy tearing it down in his early years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

He’s earned a chance to win a cup or at least play a bunch of playoff hockey.

He's earned a 💩 ton of money to play some mediocre hockey for this team, and not much else.

I'd rather see Adams lay the hammer down and send a message to this underperforming team.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

He's earned a 💩 ton of money to play some mediocre hockey for this team, and not much else.

I'd rather see Adams lay the hammer down and send a message to this underperforming team.

He’s definitely overpaid but would you turn down money if it was offered even if you knew it was more than what you deserved?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

He’s definitely overpaid but would you turn down money if it was offered even if you knew it was more than what you deserved?

100% you gotta take the money! But we don't owe him anything.

4G 0A.

I don't want a 7th rounder. I don't want another Bjork. I want a message sent to the team that underperforming is not tolerated, and it is definitely not rewarded..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

Of all the problems with this team you choose a 4th line guy to rip on? Lol 

it's not just a 4th liner he's ripping on, but a symbol of the failed leadership on this team from the GM that re-signed, to the coach that keeps playing him, to the example he fails to set on the ice.

By the way, Z ranks 343 in NHL forwards in pts of forwards who have played 37 or more games.  343! Only Nick Deslauriers and Ross Johnston have fewer points and they are tied with 3 assists for the season. 

Krebs is 315th with 10 pts in his 53 games. (at least he's a +4)

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 7
  • dislike 1

5 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

Of all the problems with this team you choose a 4th line guy to rip on? Lol 

In this thread? Yes.

If you look around though you'll see me ripping E Johnson, Clifton, Thompson, and Power plenty too.

I used to rip on UPL but besides today's dud, I've been thankfully wrong on him.

58 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

100% you gotta take the money! But we don't owe him anything.

4G 0A.

I don't want a 7th rounder. I don't want another Bjork. I want a message sent to the team that underperforming is not tolerated, and it is definitely not rewarded..

What message do you think it would send? You’ve made it clear he brings nothing to warrant his contract.

If you want to make a statement then sit TNT for repeated toe drag into missed/blocked shots. Scratch Skinner for only giving effort in one of three zones. Scratch Power for continuously losing coverage and playing like a little girl.

• Like (+1) 2

Zemgus should have left years ago. This team wouldn’t take a message if it slapped them across the face so I don’t think moving him moves the needle. I agree I’m ready to see him go and that he’s been mostly a waste of space for a decade. 

This is a terrible take.  You don’t “lay the hammer” on Z after all these years and just cut him.  He is not a problem.   This team gets no benefit, and the FO looks bad.   Cut him, you still pay him, and he gets picked up for nothing - all you did was show your team your a stupid GM.  

You can trade him at the deadline or toss him into a trade package.   You get a draft pick.  So what.  The concept of not wanting a pick or “another Bjork” is childish and unprofessional.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

it's not just a 4th liner he's ripping on, but a symbol of the failed leadership on this team from the GM that re-signed, to the coach that keeps playing him, to the example he fails to set on the ice.

By the way, Z ranks 343 in NHL forwards in pts of forwards who have played 37 or more games.  343! Only Nick Deslauriers and Ross Johnston have fewer points and they are tied with 3 assists for the season. 

Krebs is 315th with 10 pts in his 53 games. (at least he's a +4)

Z is not a symbol of failed leadership, but Adams and Pegula are though.  

Come on, you know better.   They just paid him and put an A on him.  Now they can eat some of his salary, trade him to a playoff team, wish him the best, and collect a draft pick.  

Mean spirited messages don’t help.  This team is already fragile.   Adam’s was supposed to fix the culture, not make it worse. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This is a terrible take.  You don’t “lay the hammer” on Z after all these years and just cut him.  He is not a problem.   This team gets no benefit, and the FO looks bad.   Cut him, you still pay him, and he gets picked up for nothing - all you did was show your team your a stupid GM.  

You can trade him at the deadline or toss him into a trade package.   You get a draft pick.  So what.  The concept of not wanting a pick or “another Bjork” is childish and unprofessional.   

In what world is a team taking a guy with 0 assists in 37 games?

The only way a team takes him on would be to get rid of an even bigger problem i.e. a Bjork. 

Waive him and give the spot to Rousek. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

In what world is a team taking a guy with 0 assists in 37 games?

The only way a team takes him on would be to get rid of an even bigger problem i.e. a Bjork. 

Waive him and give the spot to Rousek. 

Let’s see as the deadline approaches.  

Waive him on the spot, how theatrical.   What a positive emotional impact that will have.  Should Adams call a team meeting and publicly waive him?   

homer simpson blame GIF

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

No

No?   Why not?  

You said you want to “lay the hammer down and send a message”.   Let these young punks know how things are going to be run.   

Waive him in the locker room after practice in front of the team.  Eat his salary so we don’t have to pick up the next Bjork or suffer the indignity of another draft pick.  These are just great ideas.  

34 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Z is not a symbol of failed leadership, but Adams and Pegula are though.  

Come on, you know better.   They just paid him and put an A on him.  Now they can eat some of his salary, trade him to a playoff team, wish him the best, and collect a draft pick.  

Mean spirited messages don’t help.  This team is already fragile.   Adam’s was supposed to fix the culture, not make it worse. 

Everything you posted is true and makes great sense…

Think @JoeSchmoe’s point was by waiving Girgensons management would send a strong message more change is coming… “If you want to stick with this group, start playing the right way”… He could have singled out any one of several other names… Wearing the A, and as a longtime Sabre, and underperformer, Girgensons best fit @JoeSchmoe’s message… He’s getting minor minutes this season for a reason…

And, you’re right, the team is fragile… It’s time they grow up as a group… It’s a business.

Edited by Believer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.