Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

35 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I want to say there is NFW they draft a safety with their top pick, but I can't rule it out.

Still: I think it will be a WR.

Depends how you view DeJean.  
But there’s still a lot of talent available.  A bunch of guys we brought in for a top 30 visit.  
If it’s not WR I could see that DT, DeJean (or possibly Kool-Aid), or maybe even that IOL.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Allen said:

I’ve seen this a couple times here (not sure if they’ve all been you).  But not sure why you would say that.  Even the chiefs didn’t believe that or they wouldn’t have traded up.  
And it’s not like we just “got a 3rd”.  We gave up more than only the 28.  

KC obviously wanted the guy and Buffalo did not. So if the Bills take someone else there, I’d imagine that KC then tries to make a deal with the next teams in the draft order. I feel like it’s a very high probability that they were going to get their guy. 

39 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Who do you think you will take at WR ?

Me personal I would take McConkey

I don't know enough (or really anything) about the prospects as I watch very little college football.  I just know the Bills need one and there are reportedly still a few good ones left.

13 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Beane really risking it all here.  If Worthy turns into a superstar and we still can't beat them, it may spell his end. He has to hope Worthy is a bust and his extra picks pan out.  For me, out of sheer principle I would never trade with your arch rival you can't beat.  Already reports of some AFC GM's pissed as hell at him for doing that.  

I've seen this take a lot from Bills fans, and there is absolutely zero logic in it. If the Bills weren't going to draft Worthy, then the Chiefs were going to get him regardless. It doesn't matter at all whether Worthy is a star, a bust, or somewhere in between.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Beane really risking it all here.  If Worthy turns into a superstar and we still can't beat them, it may spell his end. He has to hope Worthy is a bust and his extra picks pan out.  For me, out of sheer principle I would never trade with your arch rival you can't beat.  Already reports of some AFC GM's pissed as hell at him for doing that.  

Reports ehh... how gullible are you as a person?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

If the NFL could decide who Buffalo picks, surely they would want AD Mitchell. That way, we can have this constant storyline of whether the Chiefs or Bills drafted the better Texas WR, especially after the trade.

think from dusk till dawn GIF by The Paley Center for Media

• Haha (+1) 3

Lots of smoke about the Patriots and ... Bills (?!) -- two teams at the top of the 2nd round -- being interested in Deebo.

Huh?!

This has got to be the 49ers and agents trying to drum up interest on New England's part. 

Why would the Bills want a 29 year old slot/gadget guy, who's incredible when he's right but is not an "X" and is also injury prone?

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lots of smoke about the Patriots and ... Bills (?!) -- two teams at the top of the 2nd round -- being interested in Deebo.

Huh?!

This has got to be the 49ers and agents trying to drum up interest on New England's part. 

Why would the Bills want a 29 year old slot/gadget guy, who's incredible when he's right but is not an "X" and is also injury prone?

I know the NFL salary cap “isn’t real” but any $20 million dollar receiver seems like infringement on that threshold. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

.  Dont watch enough college football to know if De Jean is any good, but if the scouting staff has him with an early 2nd round grade and it's a postion of need, cest la vie.  Make the pick. 

DeJean is the highest ranked player left . Kiper has him #16 overall. Ourlads scouting has him at #19. Future starting Safety. I would have zero issues with that pick but who knows what Beane is going to do. 2 Draft days to watch him work. Yes, WR will be addressed. Still many good one left for the late 2nd round pick or even 3rd round if they don't pick one out of the gate tonight. 

He's also a top punt returner. 

Edited by Night Train

2 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Depends how you view DeJean.  
But there’s still a lot of talent available.  A bunch of guys we brought in for a top 30 visit.  
If it’s not WR I could see that DT, DeJean (or possibly Kool-Aid), or maybe even that IOL.  

I know one thing. I hate the way DeJean pronounces his name.  That is Dijon all day every day.  Regardless, I’m calling him mustard if he’s on the Bills. For my money, they end up with both DeJean and Tha Honky.  Big “process” guys. Also, very high motors and smart. 🤣

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

I know one thing. I hate the way DeJean pronounces his name.  That is Dijon all day every day.  Regardless, I’m calling him mustard if he’s on the Bills. For my money, they end up with both DeJean and Tha Honky.  Big “process” guys. Also, very high motors and smart. 🤣

There's one thing rarely mentioned about DeJean as a fit for the Bills. McD loves position flexibility in his secondary to disguise coverages. Think Micah Hyde in earlier years where he was a safety playing a M2M coverage role post-snap at times. Certainly not advocating he will be the pick at 33. But it wouldn't shock me.

I'm also guessing/hoping BB will be active tonight. Can't see him going into tomorrow with all those picks in his pocket.

Edited by JustOneParade
not CB

46 minutes ago, inkman said:

Lets Go Reaction GIF by ProBit Global