Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

2 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Haha.  Ok.  Look, you’re obviously a Sabres guy trying to talk Bills.  It’s why I typically don’t talk football on this hockey forum because of guys like you.  But you clearly don’t pay attention or are a complete Diggs defender.  
I’m not talking about him specifically asking for a trade.  I’m talking about him being dramatic and a pain in the arse of the Buffalo Bills.  I’m not going to get into every moment he’s had.  There’s been plenty.  Look them up yourself.  
You should stick to hockey. 

Bro - what? 

Fixing to knock down Inky (good luck!) and note as established "fact" that Diggs is a huge problem?

That wooshing sound is from your message board credibility just fah-lyin' out the window. ✌️

2 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Haha.  Ok.  Look, you’re obviously a Sabres guy trying to talk Bills.  It’s why I typically don’t talk football on this hockey forum because of guys like you.  But you clearly don’t pay attention or are a complete Diggs defender.  
I’m not talking about him specifically asking for a trade.  I’m talking about him being dramatic and a pain in the arse of the Buffalo Bills.  I’m not going to get into every moment he’s had.  There’s been plenty.  Look them up yourself.  

Plenty? Please take a moment to list them then. 

The only “drama” occurred last offseason and it was totally manufactured and blown up by certain click bait idiots who didn’t know any better. Yes, Diggs was miffed at the organization; for two specific reasons: not being in the loop when Chad Hall left for the Jags and, more importantly, not being notified that the Bills restructured his deal to create cap room last offseason. And while the team has no obligation to inform players unless specified in their contracts, it is a common courtesy none the less, so it’s understandable that Diggs would be miffed by that. 

If you’re one of those fans who couldn’t tolerate his frustration in the playoff loss to the Bengals and choose to label him a drama queen as a result, then I suggest you attend games around the league and focus only on what transpires on the sidelines in every game with every team. 

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Weave said:

Well, that was an easy ignore.

Thanks for the reminder.  I thought for a second I could have an insightful discussion.  Instead I ended up with a more ornery less knowledgeable version of my 78 year old father.  

Anyone who claims Diggs is a problem is just a lemming who is subjected to groupthink.  I can probably also guess their political affiliations where they are also spoon fed their talking points by propaganda machines that disguise themselves as “news”.  Yuck.  See ya bud. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It’s great that you guys are buddies with that poster or might even think he’s pretty darn cool.  But the fact of the matter is you guys are on a hockey forum talking football.  That’s enough for me to not click on this topic again.  All good.  Go Bills.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

It’s great that you guys are buddies with that poster or might even think he’s pretty darn cool.  But the fact of the matter is you guys are on a hockey forum talking football.  That’s enough for me to not click on this topic again.  All good.  Go Bills.  

You clearly are missing the entire point.  Your commentary is simply not how to treat others around here, subject and posters regardless. The fact of the matter is you are being completely disrespectful of another forum member and also taking a broad swipe at "hockey posters".

It's not all good... it's all wrong.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

But the fact of the matter is you guys are on a hockey forum talking football.  

I know as much about hockey as I do football. Pretty much dip squat. That doesn’t stop or disqualify me from posting on this board.

More seriously: It is big dumb to posit that Sabre fans are somehow incapable of having informed opinions on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

You know the best part? This “you don’t know football” take was made while talking about someone’s social media habits. 

That was the meta irony, for sure.

”You guys don’t know ball. The aggregator sports websites have made it clear that Diggs is a head case and a problem.”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The salary cap continues to climb, yet it also continues to become more unbalanced. 

Heard today that 10 years ago, 1 year FA contracts made up 12% of the deals handed out during Free Agency.  Now it''s 54 %.  Far fewer players get the big deal. 

QB, WR, OL and Pass rushers get more and more. It also makes the GM's jobs far more difficult for cap balance. Have to know when to stop kicking $ down the road after reviewing the real contract terms. 

Diggs was mentioned and even if the Bills hypothetically traded him after June 1st, they would take a massive cap hit next season. It's far easier to cut him in a year or 2, cap wise.

Crazy but I'm glad Beane isn't acting like the Broncos. That Wilson cap hit will probably keep them down for a while.  That contract was so dumb. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

The salary cap continues to climb, yet it also continues to become more unbalanced. 

Heard today that 10 years ago, 1 year FA contracts made up 12% of the deals handed out during Free Agency.  Now it''s 54 %.  Far fewer players get the big deal.

Maybe OSP is pulling the strings in football failing to get buy-in for his "all contracts are 1 year" in hockey. 🙂

Edited by MattPie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

The salary cap continues to climb, yet it also continues to become more unbalanced. <snip>

This is so interesting - thanks for sharing.

I have to imagine that some form of reckoning is coming from the players. Otoh, their union is the same feckless organization that surrendered on guaranteed contracts in connection with the most dangerous professional sport.

19 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

15 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Both of these are obnoxious.  Do not communicate like this here.

• Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, carpandean said:

Mike Edwards coming Buffalo.  That fills one safety slot.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I’m not sold on him being the starter.  Probably but not certainly. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Probably just trying to get the chief's playbook

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c51bttozwipv995syt

Because he sucks 

Not exactly starter money.  

Curtis Samuel at $8 mill isn’t exactly #2 money either.  I think the Bills will draft for both spots. 

Edwards was a great insurance policy. He's not someones backup. He played a lot. They can get more and probably will. Free safety starter as of today. Rapp at Strong Safety. 

Still have a lot more positions to work on. Looking at the current depth chart but Beane is doing OK. Draft coming and I'm betting some post June 1st FA signing when more cap space opens up ( T.White ).  They'll be Vets still hanging out there. That's how they got DE Floyd last year. Signed him on June 6th. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Night Train said:

Edwards was a great insurance policy. He's not someones backup. He played a lot. They can get more and probably will. Free safety starter as of today. Rapp at Strong Safety. 

Still have a lot more positions to work on. Looking at the current depth chart but Beane is doing OK. Draft coming and I'm betting some post June 1st FA signing when more cap space opens up ( T.White ).  They'll be Vets still hanging out there. That's how they got DE Floyd last year. Signed him on June 6th. 

Agree entirely. Although I’d prefer Rapp as a third safety instead. 

Club Seat PSL's at the new stadium - Reality Check

Several fans who were some of the first to tour the new Stadium Experience Center and asked not to be identified, along with others posting on social media, have said they were presented with prices between $15,000 to $50,000 per seat for PSLs in the club sections.

Wow. Current stadium has 15 rows of Club Seats. I sat in the Kelly Club in Row 15 at around the 5-10 yard line near the tunnel side for 19 years. Those seats went for about 2K a season at the end. Family had seasons in the lower bowl since year 1 (1960) and my first game was 1965. Switched to Club seats in 1998. I retired from work in 2017 and retired my tickets right after. Did my part financially supporting the team and like watching games at home now. Partially disabled but I move around OK.  Always had a partial Sabres season also, shared with other family members. About 10-12 games a year. Retired that ticket a few years back.

Good luck to the fans that can afford that upfront charge. Catching up with the rest of the NFL, I guess. That's a lot of cash. 

BTW - Our old football seats at the Rockpile were 20 rows up on the 45 yard line and cost $5 a game. When Rich stadium opened in 1973, The went up to $7 a game. Outrageous !  Our first row Blue hockey tickets at the old Aud right near center ice were $10 for many years. Inflation ! 

LOL 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Club Seat PSL's at the new stadium - Reality Check

Several fans who were some of the first to tour the new Stadium Experience Center and asked not to be identified, along with others posting on social media, have said they were presented with prices between $15,000 to $50,000 per seat for PSLs in the club sections.

Wow. Current stadium has 15 rows of Club Seats. I sat in the Kelly Club in Row 15 at around the 5-10 yard line near the tunnel side for 19 years. Those seats went for about 2K a season at the end. Family had seasons in the lower bowl since year 1 (1960) and my first game was 1965. Switched to Club seats in 1998. I retired from work in 2017 and retired my tickets right after. Did my part financially supporting the team and like watching games at home now. Partially disabled but I move around OK.  Always had a partial Sabres season also, shared with other family members. About 10-12 games a year. Retired that ticket a few years back.

Good luck to the fans that can afford that upfront charge. Catching up with the rest of the NFL, I guess. That's a lot of cash. 

BTW - Our old football seats at the Rockpile were 20 rows up on the 45 yard line and cost $5 a game. When Rich stadium opened in 1973, The went up to $7 a game. Outrageous !  Our first row Blue hockey tickets at the old Aud right near center ice were $10 for many years. Inflation ! 

LOL 

Sure is a different world. From $5 a seat and bring your own beer to $50K for a PSL and catered food and drink. And there’s just no putting that genie back in the bottle.

• Like (+1) 1