What Sabres team down through history have you liked less??

PASabreFan

22 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

When Ott,Vanek became co captain's 

It destroyed the franchise 

Nah.  Co captains is not a problem.  Think Drury and Briere.  

Pegula destroyed this franchise one season at a time.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

I’m not sure where to go from here.  I don’t like the team.  I rarely care about them. I’ve demoted them to TV2 in the mancave.  I miss large portions of games without a thought.  I guess the next step is to just abandon them.  I don’t like any of the players.  Anyone who I did like, has become infected with Sabresitis.  Tuch, Krebs, Robinson, Clifton.  

The afternoon games are making it easier and easier to forget about the Sabres.  I can’t just throw away an entire Saturday or Sunday because the Sabres play at 12 or 1.  I got a kid who has ***** to do on the weekends.  I’m really at a loss. It’s a long term relationship where I keep waiting for my spouse to get better, make changes, do something different. But it’s just the same ol crappy thing.  

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’m not sure where to go from here.  I don’t like the team.  I rarely care about them. I’ve demoted them to TV2 in the mancave.  I miss large portions of games without a thought.  I guess the next step is to just abandon them.  I don’t like any of the players.  Anyone who I did like, has become infected with Sabresitis.  Tuch, Krebs, Robinson, Clifton.  

The afternoon games are making it easier and easier to forget about the Sabres.  I can’t just throw away an entire Saturday or Sunday because the Sabres play at 12 or 1.  I got a kid who has ***** to do on the weekends.  I’m really at a loss. It’s a long term relationship where I keep waiting for my spouse to get better, make changes, do something different. But it’s just the same ol crappy thing.  

Now inky. As Bill Burr points out, women are finished products of perfection. You best be working on YOU.

How have we as faltering fans failed our flailing franchise?

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

The opposite is true with me. My wife works during the day, even Saturdays.  I have all the free time in the world on Saturday afternoons (and Sundays) and love those games.  Its the weekday games that are a bit tougher. I manage to watch most of them, but not all, because she gets done with work usually at 6pm-6:30, and then it's 'lets watch a show or movie together' on weekdays at that time. The weekend afternoon games I love though.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Now inky. As Bill Burr points out, women are finished products of perfection. You best be working on YOU.

How have we as faltering fans failed our flailing franchise?

Ask not what the Sabres can do for you 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

What I mean is if hate is a wasted emotion then dislike is not far behind.

I feel that everyone in here would have left the Sabres, as fans, long ago if dislike started to creap in.

Well, "hate" is a wasted emotion (although some might argue it's a potential motivator) but the internet and websites like this one are platforms for venting frustration. It's just what they are. You can feel a little better if you can vent and see that there are others sharing your frustration. In that equation there is inevitably a target and that can be viewed as "hate". 

Now the definition of the word isn't full. It's like when you were in grade school and some kid said "I'm going to kill you after school" and they didn't really mean "kill" (although again, in some cases these days they might) but they did want to hurt you all the same. So nobody here actually "hates" the Sabres but the level of anger/frustration gets high enough that it is expressed as "hate". 

I don't "hate" Granato. I'm sure he's a very nice man. But I think he's not a good head coach and won't take us to where we need to be. I don't "hate" Adams, I just think he's incompetent. I kind of do "Hate" Pegula though. I generally dislike the uber wealthy, just cause they tend to be *****, and I personally think frakking is raping the environment but that's just my personal view. It's not an active "hate" but I do wish he'd sell the team. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

2013-14 team would probably have to be the one in recent history. Yeah, the start of the tank I get it, but that team was dreadful to watch.  

In a full season, your leading point producers had in the low 40s, those were your offensive STARS.  You had a total of 4 players with double digit goals.  65 points out of the division lead.  The team scored UNDER TWO goals per game. Looking up and down the roster, no-one I really liked.  This current team isn't even close to that team for me.

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

2013-14 team would probably have to be the one in recent history. Yeah, the start of the tank I get it, but that team was dreadful to watch.  

In a full season, your leading point producers had in the low 40s, those were your offensive STARS.  You had a total of 4 players with double digit goals.  65 points out of the division lead.  The team scored UNDER TWO goals per game. Looking up and down the roster, no-one I really liked.  This current team isn't even close to that team for me.

The league was not a high scoring  league like it is today 

The second highest points was 87 points 

I never really disliked a Sabres team, even the bad ones.   I lost respect for the team that let Lucic pummel Miller.   Never cared for the Bogo, Kane, Eichel, crew.  All the teams I don't care for are TP era teams.   

Based on their decision to stick it to the fans, which really goes against my core values, I would put this current group in contention - and that saddens me because I like the young kids.  Not impressed with DG/ KA for letting this thing go on for ~2 months.   Should have been a teaching moment, instead it was a Major Leadership Void.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

Ott, Kaleta, John Scott.

My God we were bad then. 5 years of Tank (2012-2017).

Then O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhart, Kane, Bogo.

Somehow more painful because we'd already been sucking.

So pretty much the entirety of the Pegula Era.

---

I think the Sabres are the most cursed sports franchise of all time. 

Edited by seer775
  • Agree 1

I don't "hate" or "not like" this team. I'm just wildly disappointed in them. So much promise coming out of last season, but there have been 2 major failures:

1) KA not doing enough to supplement the talent on hand this offseason. Neither Clifton nor EJ were ever going to move the needle. Maybe EJ was brought in to add some grit and veteran leadership, but so far I've not seen it. They needed to add 3-4 solid veterans with experience in winning hockey. Adams failed to do so and now the roster has regressed nearly across the board.

2) Sticking with a failing coaching staff. The players quit on these guys by the time December rolled around. They are not buying whatever it is Granato and Company are selling. The goal this season should have been the playoffs, nothing less. Continuing to do the same thing every day when it clearly is not working is a failure of the front office. Edmonton fired their staff and totally turned their season around. St. Louis looks much better under their new coach. Minnesota has played better since they made a change. This group needs a new voice and no move was made, essentially wasting yet another season. All of the progress of last season has been pissed away.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The long term fan price be dammed, notwithstanding, and still to be determined, the tank teams were pretty likeable to me because they lived up to the expectations we/I had for them. They weren’t close to being the most unlikeable - in fact, some of the players, cast in the role of underdog were the opposite: exceptionally likeable. They weren’t the dudes trying to lose. Think Cory Conacher wearing Scott’s helmet. A late D’Agostini goal to beat..I think the Leafs?

I actually kind of liked those teams.

Of course, it’s entirely subjective: but the best way I can lay it out is that in my personal, heart of hearts, each year the drought has gone on I’ve liked the team a little bit less. I think the tipping point is zero recognition for the urgency the fan base feels.

I don’t care if they don’t want to feel it. Do they want to be Buffalo Sabres or not? That’s who we are. Embrace it and change it. Find success in tune with the fanbase.

You know why that’s exceptionally fair? Because we are barely asking for anything lmao

We are asking for a playoff spot in a league half the teams (for most of the drought, MORE than half the teams) make it. Lol. Actual lol. This point can be made in perpetuity cause it’s a farce that we haven’t scratched a single berth in 13 years.

”Nah…..that’s too good for the Buffalo Sabres. This is about sustainable success - building a cup contender.” 

lmao! get bent. Find success ONCE, I beg you, before you aim for a dynasty. We have something worse than bad ownership and management:

We are operated by fools. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows (the team)?

̶R̶e̶b̶e̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶ Rebuilds are built on hope.

And there never was much hope…

..just a fool’s hope.