What Sabres team down through history have you liked less??

PASabreFan

All this current whining about being booed and not doing the stick salute and all of this as a response rather than owning it and working harder is kind of making me dislike this team more than any other. 

Telling the fans that they need to behave better rather than them trying to play better is a new low point. 

• 1 month later...

Personally I can't really answer that. We've had bad teams before (most every franchise does) and there's the tank and all that but this thing is cumulative so while this team might not be the worst it still feels like the worst and it's the franchise that stinks as a whole since Pegula bought it. 

I have trouble un-disliking them until they actually change. 

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I don’t dislike the players currently. They are just young kids. I loath the management and coaching. TP has ruined the franchise and is losing a generation of fans. 

Yes...this is where I am at. The kids are kids. I blame the parents.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I don’t dislike the players currently. They are just young kids. I loath the management and coaching. TP has ruined the franchise and is losing a generation of fans. 

Agreed. This is on Pegula and Adams. One or both of them hatched the plan of the progressive rebuild without spending or utilizing draft/prospect capital. This past offseason was the time to make moves that signalled it was time to be a playoff team. They could have brought in a new PP coach, ate half of Olofsson’s contract to move him out and then used draft/prospect capital to bring in a couple of veteran forwards to replace Olofsson and Quinn. Then if the season started poorly they could have fired Granato and not felt guilty about it because they at least gave him a fighter’s chance. None of this would have guaranteed playoffs, but as a fan I would have at least respected the effort. Instead the clear message was that, while they were not trying to lose, they were also not prioritizing winning.  Now they have seemingly slid back to where they were before the Eichel trade when it comes to player and fan engagement. They have made things harder on themselves by being patient/passive. 

Edited by Archie Lee