GDT: Kraken @ Sabres - Tues. 7 pm ET, Jan 9, 2024 MSG-B, ROOT-NW, ESPN+, Sportsnet+ πŸ“Ί WGR πŸ“»

Spoonman

Just now, bunomatic said:

It starts with coaching. I was going to say it starts and ends with coaching but there’s more to it than that obviously.

It's not coaching. These fuhkers just stop trying. The difference in intensity between teams on the ice hurts my teeth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Another boo fest at home. What a boring lifeless game… yet again.Β 

Didn't start out that way...they badly outplayed Seattle in the first and probably should have had 3 goals but found themselves down 2-1.

Levi has to start making basic NHL goaltender level saves. Way too many easy shots go in most nights.

Seattle should be up maybe 3-2 not 5-2. If not tied.

Edited by Big Guava
  • Like (+1) 2

Late to it and have a conflict tonight, but it appears I may not need to do a rewatch of this one. It appears to be the standard Kraken no-show.Β 

Please show some effort, Sabres! Otherwise, what’s the point in paying to see you when you come to Seattle in March?

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Power with a hope and a prayer on that clearing attempt.

Dahlin cracking his stick on Levi’s cage is … something.

Not a good look. Β 

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I was wondering how close the broken blade came to possibly hitting Levi???Β  Pretty symbolic of the frustration this team is feeling, yet nobody (particularly the coaches) seem to have any answers).

Β 

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Another boo fest at home. What a boring lifeless game… yet again.Β 

Boos would be more effective if the owner heard them.Β 

So Dahlin, Β If you’re mad enough to break your stick like that, then you better say something in the locker room. Β Call out the problems, all of them, and hold yourself and everyone else accountable. Β 
Β 

Β 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dahlin is really talented, but boy, he's not that great of a hockey player.

I would call a time out right now.

Let's look at the stats.Β  Coming into tonight, despite 5 (?) empty net goals he's a -13 for the season.Β  Only 12 defensemen in the NHL are worse this year. (and 9 of the 12 play for either Anaheim, SJ, or Chi). That's insane.Β  And he's -2 tonight.Β  Norris consideration is 1000 miles away for this guy.Β  LinkΒ if you dare.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It's not coaching. These fuhkers just stop trying. The difference in intensity between teams on the ice hurts my teeth.

It is coaching if they stop trying.Β  Β No accountability, just keep sending the same guys out there, nothing changes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

Since Levi had Β those 2 good games coming back from the AHL, he's played in 6 games and had a less than .900 save percentage in 5 of them - Losing 4.

... assuming this is a lossΒ 

not sure what you do but Levi just isn't ready Β  I don't want Comrie back

i I think they need a vet to come in to pair with UPL for the next season and a halfΒ 

Β 

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

Levi has to start making basic NHL goaltender level saves. Way too many easy shots go in most nights.

Leaky as hell. And he doesn’t consistently track the play well.

He will probably become a good NHL goalie.

It’s Adams’ fault that the Sabres are relying on him now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

It is coaching if they stop trying.Β  Β No accountability, just keep sending the same guys out there, nothing changes.

You actually just changed my mind.

Is that an internet first?!Β πŸ˜‚

Β 

• Haha (+1) 1

This team doesn’t have what it takes to make the playoffs. KA might as well do a reset. Trade deadline is 2 months away. Make a substantial trade Mr. Adams. Give us hope. Prove to the fanbase you have a clue in team building.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Too bad for Dion Dawkins. Β Seems like recently every game he attends and bangs the drum, the Sabres get boatraced.

Seattle is just one of those teams that we can’t beat.

Put a jersey and skates on him and see what he can do out there....maybe he can teach the rest of the team how to play with some intensity, physicality and protection.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.