GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Sun. 6 pm ET, Dec 31, 2023, MSG-B, TSN 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

12 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

46 total shots. None of them any good. Can’t believe we saw that many shots that have completely no impact in the game. JFC!!

Agree completely… We need snipers, not pole dancers… Our shooting is laughable…

Top two lines should be all snipers… and at least one on the bottom two lines…

What are they practicing?… How are they practicing??

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, phil_soisson said:

Maybe because they made him wait a few years for the big payday, whereas Adams gave Power the big contract after one season, completely unnecessary! How'd that work out?

I understand not wanting Power to get paid early....but Power got paid early and his play isn't that great this year....Dahlin DIDN'T get paid early and his play is worse this year, especially lately. How are those related and what point are you trying to make, I don't get the correlation you are trying to make between those 2 things?

• Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They literally did, after baby was born and mom and baby were okay. There's nothing shady there, don't ruin a post that's solid by grasping at straws. For all you know Thompson asked them not to say anything until after. You + joeschmoe need to move on from Tage's kid and stop using that as some dumb ax to grind with the org. That's what's shady and crappy.

Btw, I agree with most of your post. 

Maybe TT asked the organization to keep it a secret and maybe the organization just sucks. If it was his choice then fine but I’m inclined not to trust what the organization says or does. 

Well.. this game sucked.  And while I wanted to drink I ended up with some level of sinus headache that ruined my night even more.

This team has no pride, they are defeated when they step on the ice. How do you let meathead Tkachuk pull a Paul Bunyan on Girgensons and not go after him?

If I were inclined I'd go back and pull one perfect example from the game... I want to say it was Tuch who had a chance to hit someone in the offensive zone but decided not to. Then came back and figure he should hit a Senator in the defensive zone.. he had him lined up, then stopped, then hit him. I was all sorts of confused.

Meh.. earlier threads asked if this team cares about winning and I said yes. I think the answer is still yes.. but they don't care enough.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Pegula has more on his mind than this $hit team.  His his wife, his kids, his fracking, his home, his yacht, the Bills, the stadium, taxes, estate plans … the Sabres are entrusted to Kevyn. 

I just remember: Feb. 22, 2011, when Terry Pegula was introduced as the Sabres’ fourth owner. Pegs talking up going to win a cup when he bought the team.

Since 2011, Pegs has had 18 1st round picks, 7 HC, 4 GMs, a 41.72% win percentage (as of 12/31/23), and a partridge in a pear tree.

Currently he is going with: First time GM (anywhere) with a first time NHL head coach with a young team and an old stadium.

The Sabres are well on the way.....

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

• Sad 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Ottawa does not settle for status quo....they have experienced management, coaching (now with Martin), and built a team with better balance.  It should not take them very long to surpass us in the standings.

They just put together an experienced FO but Martin is a placeholder interim coach.  He will make them play defense first, and be accountable to each other, but expect that next year they take a serious look at Gallant, Berube, and a few others. 

17 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Dan saying we're not gonna say Happy New Year until the Sabres come back from a three goal deficit and win in overtime was the lowest point in franchise history.

Probably not, but Dan was especially bad yesterday.  He called Canada, Cah-nat-ah, and he was lost during the broadcast numerous times.  Puck position means nothing to him.  

When the team is playing bad, his terrible PBP makes it things even worse.

Apperts post game comments were impressive and illuminating … Clear thinker and communicator… despite laughable questions from the media… Appert told us more than they expected to hear.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

Sabres will now need to play at a 108 point pace over their final 44 games to surpass their 91 point total from last year 

Briere and Torts are getting a lot more with less talent.  

Torts has been called a dinosaur here.  He is getting more wins from hard work and "balls" than I expected.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Believer said:

Agree completely… We need snipers, not pole dancers… Our shooting is laughable…

Top two lines should be all snipers… and at least one on the bottom two lines…

What are they practicing?… How are they practicing??

They need to put down the video games and virtual headsets… and start practicing their shooting with real pucks, real sticks, and with real intent and purpose… They need to get serious… 

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I understand not wanting Power to get paid early....but Power got paid early and his play isn't that great this year....Dahlin DIDN'T get paid early and his play is worse this year, especially lately. How are those related and what point are you trying to make, I don't get the correlation you are trying to make between those 2 things

Power, Cozens, and Samuelson were paid too early… None has met the burden of heightened expectations… and it shows in their performance this season…

Dahlin earned his big payday… Believe his performance inconsistencies are a byproduct of too many years of losing seasons… all in a row… Must affect him some nights… He’s only human…

Dahlin is in his prime… Adams may lose him if he doesn’t act soon to reset the roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Apperts post game comments were impressive and illuminating … Clear thinker and communicator… despite laughable questions from the media… Appert told us more than they expected to hear.

The shots from miles away from the blue paint says it all.   Sabres forward rarely go to the net.  

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Believer said:

Power, Cozens, and Samuelson were paid too early… None has met the burden of heightened expectations… and it shows in their performance this season…

Dahlin earned his big payday… Believe his performance inconsistencies are a byproduct of too many years of losing seasons… all in a row… Must affect him some nights… He’s only human…

Dahlin is in his prime… Adams may lose him if he doesn’t act soon to reset the roster.

Why does he get this excuse and the others don't? He's paid to be elite every night. If he's not, he's not earning his money either. He is horrible defensively on numerous occasions this year. He's regressed to his Kreuger era game. 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Why does he get this excuse and the others don't? He's paid to be elite every night. If he's not, he's not earning his money either. He is horrible defensively on numerous occasions this year. He's regressed to his Kreuger era game. 

I’d say it’s more likely he’s playing with a minor lingering injury which prevents him from playing more physically which effects his game.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Like half the league.

Excuses excuses excuses. 

Well excuses aren't something you can just disregard. If Dahlin can't use his physicality as much due to be banged up then that is a legitimate excuse to his recent troubles. Just because they may be excuses doesn't magically make them non-issues. 

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well excuses aren't something you can just disregard. If Dahlin can't use his physicality as much due to be banged up then that is a legitimate excuse to his recent troubles. Just because they may be excuses doesn't magically make them non-issues. 

I don't buy it.

He's always had inconsistent play. The team as a whole is the same. He's not the only one. There are moments when just about every player has moments where they are just watching or not trying or just out to lunch on a play. It all goes back to the coaching and how they are constructed and developed imo. Dahlin is just the highest paid example and as highest paid he is supposed to be at the highest standard/expectation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.