Ryan Johnson recalled by Sabres

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

I think only one move would be needed.  Jost and Johnson are out to make room for Thompson and Girgs.  If Johnson comes back up, that is when another player would need to be waived, traded or sent down.

I don't see a Comrie trade as making sense for anyone.  While I do think he would be better on a team that plays with more structure (he probably should have just stayed in Winnipeg), his performance hasn't warranted interest from other teams.  We likely would need to retain 1/2 his salary and I'm not sure that makes sense for us.  The return we would get, even at 50% retention, might not warrant using one of the three retention spots.  As we head towards the deadline, there might be players who would return more with retention (E. Johnson, Jokiharju, Girgs, Olofsson, Okposo, Robinson).      

Believe that is correct.  Looks like Girgensons was already activated and they're at 14-6-3 right now with Johnson down.

They'd been bringing so many guys back and sending so many down, had thought Z was still on IR and not counting against the 23 but they're at 23 with him included and Johnson not a Sabre.

So, yes, 1 move would be necessary, not 2.

Danke.

🍺

• Brawndo changed the title to Ryan Johnson recalled by Sabres

I wonder if they gave Tage another "personal" day to get him off the roster until tomorrow.  There's gotta be a real move coming though.

I think Kevyn is in trade negotiations and the other team is waiting to get the player for free off waivers, knowing that the Sabres are roster tight right now.

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ni55c84sqyz73cmvni

GM Sheevyn watching the reactions on 'Space and other media.

Harrington's right there with you.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I wonder if they gave Tage another "personal" day to get him off the roster until tomorrow.  There's gotta be a real move coming though.

I think Kevyn is in trade negotiations and the other team is waiting to get the player for free off waivers, knowing that the Sabres are roster tight right now.

He's deep in high level meetings. Sure he is. I'll wait for the impactful move.

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Kevyn right now, trying to stay below the roster limit

happy homer simpson GIF

Trying to stay under the roster limit whilst juggling crap nobody wants. This shouldn't be a problem. At all.