GDT: Sabres @ Arizona - Sat. 9 pm ET, Dec 16, 2023, MSG-B, SCRIPPS 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

OK Sabre Spacers, last SABRES AFTER DARK game this western swing.  

image.png.cbbbfcd68bbe1066a555bef8255e8082.png                   @                   image.png.4a082057abc07b3471db030b7b28f179.png

13-15-3  (4-5-1, W1)                                       14-13-2 (6-4-0, W1)

29 pts / 31 gm, 13th East                                                30 pts / 29 gm,  8th West         

• Sabres come off of a nice win yet another team at the top of the NHL this year. A stat that my friend Spooner heard was 8 teams this year were in 1st overall in NHL, and our Boys in Blue beat them (Basten, Leafs, Vegas, Colorado, etc...). Let's pretend everyone is the top team in NHL going forward.
  • When they win tonight, they will come out of this road trip with 4 out of possible 6. That is a positive (your friendly Spacer Spooner working to battle the Dark Spooner)
  • The boys go from Shangri-la level arena in Vegas to Arizona State’s Mullett Arena, seating under 5,000, with an um, visitors locker room that, well take a look.... (yeah, I know, only first 4 games this yr, but throwing the dig out on competition, the mullett angle seemed too easy, but please go for it...)

Let's Go Buffalo!

#MUST WIN

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like (+1) 2

Seems like we are all asleep at the switch or still basking in the glow of a great victory last night.

Not out Spoonsie !!

Thanks, dude, for getting us all up off the chesterfield.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

AVENGE SOMEBODY AND EVERYBODY !!

YOU KNOW WHAT COMES NEXT ...

SWORDS !!

I WOULD START LEVI !!

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

UPL or Levi? 

Go UPL.  Give Levi the BJ's.  (Unless UPL pitches a SO in Desert Dog land.  Then think long and hard about who to give the C-Bus game.)  And then, if Levi's still playing the way he's been playing (or he didn't get the C-Bus game) give him the Loafs as well.  He won in his last outing against them and played well even though the stats don't agree.  Whereas UPL got lit up his last game vs TO and that's the game that led to the ridiculous "hometown advantage" ticketing poicy.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Uupie was just off an illness. Might not have been 100%.

Since they "killed the 3 headed monster", UPL is 0-3-0 with a 4.51 GAA and a 0.833 SV%.  Granted he was coming off illness in the last game, but he hasn't been good since having been handed the reins.

But, give him this game.  He should be able to play well in it.  The Q becomes, do they risk him NOT having a good game and playing Comrie as the backup or do they play Levi as the backup.  Expecting they'll make Comrie the backup, but there is a risk involved there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Go UPL.  Give Levi the BJ's.  (Unless UPL pitches a SO in Desert Dog land.  Then think long and hard about who to give the C-Bus game.)  And then, if Levi's still playing the way he's been playing (or he didn't get the C-Bus game) give him the Loafs as well.  He won in his last outing against them and played well even though the stats don't agree.  Whereas UPL got lit up his last game vs TO and that's the game that led to the ridiculous "hometown advantage" ticketing poicy.

Sooo you want UPLEVI? 🤪

No Idea Idk GIF by Aurora Consulting - EIDL Consulting

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Nobody here is a bigger backer of Levi than this kid, but they should play UPL tonight.  They'll need 2 good goalies these last 51 games.  Time to get UPL's game back.

Playing Cat Toy GIF by BuzzFeed

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

The gut: Levi. I'm coming around to the swagger this team needs.

The head: not so sure. Smarter people than I will have to advise on the difficulty of playing back to back road games in goal.

I don't think they should play Levi tonight, but I am pretty encouraged with his play since returning from Rochester.  He's starting to look, as he did last year, like the prince that was promised.  And the team certainly responded to him last night.

Unfortunately, both of the contenders for #2 have royally pooped the bed in 100% of their outings lately.

Come on Sabres.  Play hard from the drop and win tonight and hope lives.  Show up in a coma and get dusted again...I don't wanna think about it.

37 minutes ago, Hank said:

6K was coming off of what seemed to be a pretty severe illness in the Denver altitude, and the team as a whole played like *****. I think he plays a great game in the mullet, won't be surprised if he gets a shutout. 

UPL started the Avs game very strong.  But he misplayed the wraparound and things snowballed from there.  Not saying his teammates (cough, cough, E Johnson, cough, cough Krebs) couldn't have helped more or even bailed him out nor that with a ref in a different vantage point the play might've been blown dead before Nickushkin even got behind the net; but he overplayed the initial rush.

He should play better tonight and it SHOULD be a good "get his mojo back" game.  Here's to hoping he does.  This team needs 27 AND 1 both playing near their current peaks to make this the year they finally rejoin the dance or even have a shot at it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.