GDT Sabres @ Hurricanes Saturday Dec 2, 7pm MSG ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Is it that Meatball's system is too challenging to execute night after night or something else?

IMO, wrong configuration of players.

Replace Power with an actual second pair quality defensive defenseman.

Cozens is really a third liner. Use him as such ASAP. Not a scorer or fighter but plays physical.

VO is a one trick pony. Replace with a third line quality/type winger to play with Cozens.

Greenway/Girgs/KO/Krebs/Clifton are irrelevant.

Goalie situation is as jacked up as it can be.

Skinner TT Tuch (scoring line)

Peterka Mitts Quinn (scoring line)

TBD Cozens Benson (defensive line w/scoring ability)

Kulich/Rosen Jost TBD 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Unsure why’d they start him the night after a SO Win where he made 38 saves.

40 saves last night. But who’s counting? Levi was used to playing back to backs in college though.

Edited by K-9

Glad to see there was at least some fight in them by the end but it wasn’t anywhere near enough.

I really am at a loss as to what we can possibly do to actually get somewhere. Even if you fire Granato due to team under performance it doesn’t necessarily fix anything. 

Plus I have zero confidence in any trade or signing actually ever going anywhere. You trade Cozens for McDavid… Cozens bounces back immediately and McDavid breaks his leg and pulls his Achilles twice in his remaining contract years. Honestly that is how it feels. Whatever we do is going to either bite us in the back and/or disappoint us in the front. 

I know Thorny wants to claim it’s all bad management but even bad management stumbles into success. We haven’t even had that!

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Glad to see there was at least some fight in them by the end but it wasn’t anywhere near enough.

I really am at a loss as to what we can possibly do to actually get somewhere. Even if you fire Granato due to team under performance it doesn’t necessarily fix anything. 

Plus I have zero confidence in any trade or signing actually ever going anywhere. You trade Cozens for McDavid… Cozens bounces back immediately and McDavid breaks his leg and pulls his Achilles twice in his remaining contract years. Honestly that is how it feels. Whatever we do is going to either bite us in the back and/or disappoint us in the front. 

I know Thorny wants to claim it’s all bad management but even bad management stumbles into success. We haven’t even had that!

It's like how someone who randomly answered multiple choice questions would get a better score than someone who used the wrong methods on all the questions, cause even though the latter is putting effort into it, they are falling for the wrong answers due to using the wrong techniques.

Contemplate this: the old NHL drought record was by the Panthers at 10 years. This will be year 13.  We are the statistical outlier for bad. Basically everything that could go wrong and every possible major decision from GM, to coaching, to drafting, to injuries all has to go wrong at once and stay bad to be this bad this long. In other words, we made dysfunction an art form. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Contemplate this: the old NHL drought record was by the Panthers at 10 years. This will be year 13.  We are the statistical outlier for bad. Basically everything that could go wrong and every possible major decision from GM, to coaching, to drafting, to injuries all has to go wrong at once and stay bad to be this bad this long. In other words, we made dysfunction an art form. 

Yep, we are a dot on a scatter plot that jumps out and makes you say “WTF is THAT?!”.

Edited by Slack_in_MA
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

The roster, it's light.

The coaching, it's light.

The management, it's light.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Dylan Cozens interview.

- I made a mistake on the faceoff

- we're playing soft

- we're getting bullied every night

- we need to play angrier

-we need to get some FU in our game

Finally, somebody speaks the truth in plain simple english vs. the word salad nothingness that spews from Granato's mouth after every loss!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.