Practice lines 11/13

Doohickie

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

This team needs to get over its vet fetish. No reason to play big Johnson over little Johnson. None. They need to start letting play not gravitas dictate the lineup. 

Nothing wrong with adding Vets.  The key is adding the right vets and knowing when to move on from certain vets.  KA hasn't learned this balance yet.  Nothing wrong with adding Eric Johnson or adding goaltending, but it was time to move on from VO, Z and/or KO.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Practice lines:

Marchand-Zacha-Pastrnak

Van Riemsdyk-Coyle-Frederic

Heinen-Poitras-DeBrusk

Lauko-Beecher-Steen

Lohrei-McAvoy

Lindholm-Carlo

Forbort-Shattenkirk

Brown-Mitchell

Ullmark

Swayman

So that's your match up. I suspect if they have the choice they play Coyle against Thompson. Lucic still out with a foot injury so VO is probably happy about that. Ullmark probably starts. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Nothing wrong with adding Vets.  The key is adding the right vets and knowing when to move on from certain vets.  KA hasn't learned this balance yet.  Nothing wrong with adding Eric Johnson or adding goaltending, but it was time to move on from VO, Z and/or KO.  

You're conflating, adding vets with playing vets over someone better. 

1 hour ago, RochesterExpat said:

I don't understand why he's still with the team if he's not playing. He should be in Rochester. Unless we're going to run 11-7 again tomorrow, but I don't see that as beneficial either. This is beginning to look like poor roster management.

Bryson and Olofsson need to be waived. Enough of this "we like them and they want to be here" nonsense. Big Johnson needs some rest days.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

This team needs to get over its vet fetish. No reason to play big Johnson over little Johnson. None. They need to start letting play not gravitas dictate the lineup. 

We need Quinn and Tuch back. Preferably a trade for someone else too.

More like no reason to have Clifton playing over little Johnson. Big Johnson has been steady. Clifton is a friggin train wreck at times.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

More like no reason to have Clifton playing over little Johnson. Big Johnson has been steady. Clifton is a friggin train wreck at times.

I can go with this but I like parts of Clifton's game and his string of bad luck seems to have ended for now.  He has been more steady, and he is strong in front of the net.  

I think we keep little Johnson up.   Rotate the Johnson's, Joker, and Clifton.  Heck, give Power and Dahlin a day off when they get nicked and need a break. 

Ruff did not stick with the same 6.   We finally have 7 that are worthy of playing.   The trick is we have to play Little Johnson enough.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I can go with this but I like parts of Clifton's game and his string of bad luck seems to have ended for now.  He has been more steady, and he is strong in front of the net.  

I think we keep little Johnson up.   Rotate the Johnson's, Joker, and Clifton.  Heck, give Power and Dahlin a day off when they get nicked and need a break. 

Ruff did not stick with the same 6.   We finally have 7 that are worthy of playing.   The trick is we have to play Little Johnson enough.  

Personally, at this point like the idea somebody had here ( @dudacek maybe?) of having a rotation of those bottom 3 or 4 with E Johnson getting fewer bumps out of the lineup than R Johnson, Clifton, & Jokiharju.  Maybe have a 3 game rotation of RJ2, Clifton, EJ/Henri, lather rinse, repeat w/ the 3rd sit being Henri/EJ this next time through.

And when an injury inevitably hits, then you've got your 6.

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Big Brother Pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

It should be noted that Boston's bottom 6 has 6 total goals (4 of them from rookie Poitras). Pretty sad as well?

Sort of true. Montgomery has been juggling lines a lot though and they've had several bottom 6 injuries so the 6 now are not the 6 who started. We have some of that too of course. Lucic-Beecher-Lauko started really strong as their 4th line and played very heavy. It hasn't been the same since the injuries to Lucic and (until recently) Lauko. Poitras has also slowed down and looked more like a 19 year old lately. He's like Peterka and Quinn were last year. Good one moment, iffy the next. 

Bruins (as a whole) are slow. The way to beat them is with fast relentless forechecking on their D. It's their Achilles. Hopefully DG knows this and will gameplan accordingly. If not, it'll be like the Philly game we lost. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.