GDT: Wild @ Sabres - Nov 10, 2023 - 7:00pm, MSG-B/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

UPL and Levi have delivered some good games for us. Levi was great tonight. 

Sabres don't look great right now. The PP is beyond useless, it's truly the dumbest part of their game. Krebs is tough to watch. Savoie was a non factor. Big Johnson isn't holding up and I would give him a game off. 

Tage and Skinner are looking good. Peterka was a good compliment to them. 

Cozens... I mean woof. Dude is in his head and needs to simplify his game. 

Mittelstadt is an important part to this team. I'd extend him now.

Ryan Johnson should stay and start. 

We won and honestly I think overall we played them even. I know the shots are in their favor but they didn't feel very threatening. Our pk looked like poo at times. 

Winning is winning but this team still isn't firing on all cylinders. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Believer said:

3:55

He got a taste.

Savoie was very hectic in the few times I saw him. Benson is miles ahead at this point. 

Cozens had a moment or two, but he was not good again. I know the whole injury thing. But he really hasn’t been good since puck drop. I’m getting to a point where I’m a little salty Mitts doesn’t have an extension and Cozens does. 

Edited by Mango

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Mitts is the best player on the team right now. He’s been lights out. JJP isn’t far behind.

Lock Mitts up long term tonight please. He is the lynch pin in what we're trying to do. 

Mitts ability to shield the puck has been a revelation.

It doesn’t always look pretty or consistent but they are making strides defensively.

Ryan Johnson has been a god send with Muel out. 

I’ve said it before but Greenway is becoming the modern day Grier.

JJP is right on the cusp of exploding.

Amerks won tonight with a ridiculous 13 regulars out. 4 called up and 9 injured. Just insane.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 4

The Wild are well named as that's how they shoot the puck, all over the place and a lot of them not on net. On the other hand we capitalized on prime opportunities. Levi definitely saved their butts tonight though. They owned us for most of the second but were also a little gassed in the third on the back to back. Goaltending matters, that's for sure. 

I do like the way Mitts has become a player who uses his body and bulls his way into creating open ice rather than just looking for open ice. We need more of that from others as well but it's a start. 

We will have to be better than that against Pittsburgh though but you never know, Pens not exactly tearing it up this year. 

Good win. Necessary win. But Wild will not make the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We won and honestly I think overall we played them even. I know the shots are in their favor but they didn't feel very threatening.

I would not have said we played them even. And I thought they were very, very threatening but lacked anyone who could finish. As a fan, I feel fortunate to get two points out of that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Levi is the first star by far. What he does exceptionally well is keep his pads down so the puck won't go underneath him. He reacts so quickly. I can't fault him for either of the goals. 

As others have also observed, Mitts was terrific. 

Tage made a nice pass to JJ for the score. Tage is also playing a hard two-way game. 

Greenway isn't flashy and won't score many goals for you. I thought he played really well. He is well worth the second-round pick that it cost us. 

Cozens wasn't much of a factor in this game. 

I thought Girgs was very active in this game. 

The penalty on Greenway was an odd call. If the ref is going to make that call, he should have included Bogo on the call. 

JJ is getting better and better. 

I'm so glad that the Sabres gave a good effort and got a win for the home crowd. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

UPL and Levi have delivered some good games for us. Levi was great tonight. 

Sabres don't look great right now. The PP is beyond useless, it's truly the dumbest part of their game. Krebs is tough to watch. Savoie was a non factor. Big Johnson isn't holding up and I would give him a game off. 

Tage and Skinner are looking good. Peterka was a good compliment to them. 

Cozens... I mean woof. Dude is in his head and needs to simplify his game. 

Mittelstadt is an important part to this team. I'd extend him now.

Ryan Johnson should stay and start. 

We won and honestly I think overall we played them even. I know the shots are in their favor but they didn't feel very threatening. Our pk looked like poo at times. 

Winning is winning but this team still isn't firing on all cylinders. 

Agree with everything but want to add that Joki has been a reliable player this season and it’s made a difference. Nice step forward for him. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I agree with @LGR4GM that we played them just about even according to the eye-test. This was the kind of game we haven't seen in a while 'round these parts: a lunch-pail effort to get the win. Was far from perfect but they did indeed put in the effort tonight. They'll probably play a tighter game tomorrow.

Mitts' transformation and game-day guts should be an inspiration for the team. 

The players routinely hurting this team right now are Krebs, KO, Power, VO and Cozens. I also think it's not helpful to have two AHLers at a time starting a game if they don't need to.

Edited by ...
edit

Just now, ... said:

I agree with @LGR4GM that we played them just about even. This was the kind of game we haven't seen in a while 'round these parts: a lunch-pail effort to get the win. Was far from perfect but they did indeed put in the effort tonight. They'll probably play a tighter game tomorrow.

Mitts' transformation and game-day guts should be an inspiration for the team. 

The players routinely hurting this team right now are Krebs, KO, Power, VO and Cozens. I also think it's not helpful to have two AHLers at a time starting a game if they don't need to.

Can't agree that Power is hurting the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.