GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes: November 7, 2023 @ 7:00PM, MSG-B, BSSO

SABRES 0311

The PP has to be the biggest concern at the moment.  Goaltending has been ok for the most part. 
need to find another shooter on the PP…. Someone who is a better player all round than Olofsson but has just a deadly a shot.  … if only they had that guy in the organization, if only they had a  guy who is ripping apart the AHL. if only!
and they need to get Cozens back and have him with 2 decent wingers….not Rousek and Biro  

can’t rely on having only 2 lines that have any possibility of scoring 

Let knock off the "just want one point" $hit.    We missed the playoffs by one fu@kin point!    The object here is to win.  Carolina is a team we need to beat.  

UPL needs to be aware that they just changed players and we needed a change too.  He had the puck, he needed to hold it. 

Some of our best players never got on the ice dAMMIT.   Brind'Amour loved that no doubt.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Take  the point.  Win both games on the weekend 

UPL needs to learn for that but they wouldn’t have had a point without him 

I hate this take. Good teams have goalies that  sometimes have to bail them out. UPL played well and has this season but these “little” mistakes add up. The difference between championship teams and also rans can be as little as 15-20 goals per year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I’m in the minority but i’m still very happy to get the game to OT.  Last year we didn’t get enough losers points which cost us.  we would’ve lost that game 2-1 in regulation.   

I don’t totally disagree. A better power play and it was there for the taking. 

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, tom webster said:

I hate this take. Good teams have goalies that  sometimes have to bail them out. UPL played well and has this season but these “little” mistakes add up. The difference between championship teams and also rans can be as little as 15-20 goals per year. 

I’m pretty sure he bailed them out tonight and have you forgotten the game he won when they were outshot 40-15?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Let knock off the "just want one point" $hit.    We missed the playoffs by one fu@kin point!    The object here is to win.  Carolina is a team we need to beat.  

UPL needs to be aware that they just changed players and we needed a change too.  He had the puck, he needed to hold it. 

Some of our best players never got on the ice dAMMIT.   Brind'Amour loved that no doubt.  

How do you know that this isn't the point we needed to make the playoffs.

Just sayin.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I want to change my answer. 6K not covering that puck was beyond funking stupid.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We missed the playoffs because they had the 5th worst home record in the NHL. The only 4 teams worse were the 4 worst teams in the NHL that all finished 30+ points lower in the standings.

If they want to be a playoff team they need to fix their penchant for sucking at home so often. 

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’m in the minority but i’m still very happy to get the game to OT.  Last year we didn’t get enough losers points which cost us.  we would’ve lost that game 2-1 in regulation.   

I understand what you mean. In April you never know.

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Disagree.  Sabres never beat Carolina.  They are a mediocre team at best right now.  UPL rebounded,  they got the tying goal in the 3rd. take the point be happy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I agree. Some will interpret this as being ok with losing the extra point. That’s not it at all. We’ve lost 4 or 5 games in regulation this year where the score was tied in the 3rd. If we get 2 of those to OT we likely have 3 more points. We will win more of these than we will lose. It’s possible to be unhappy with the loss and happy we got the point at the same time. 

If the Islander score holds, we are tied for wild card 2. I realize we have played a game or two more than other teams, but we are 3-1-1 in our last 5. The trend is in the right direction. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

We missed the playoffs because they had the 5th worst home record in the NHL. The only 4 teams worse were the 4 worst teams in the NHL that all finished 30+ points lower in the standings.

If they want to be a playoff team they need to fix their penchant for sucking at home so often. 

^ Easy to quote stats from last year. 

This year play to win every game.  Live in the moment.  Don't settle.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Huckleberry said:

UPL made some good saves, big goalie doesn't need to move much, I said it before he will make a good back up.

Pimlach is right, though. Not freezing that puck so we could get a change in OT shows, at least to me, that he has a a real flaw in game awareness. I mean,…

That was f'n brutal.

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Losing sucks man

Carolina is a wagon. It took them a decade to build a team that plays like that. Their 2nd goal was absolutely insane

That should be our goal

The power play is criminal and someone needs to be on thin ice for it

This was the game @ New Jersey should have been

Two big games this weekend, need at least 3 of the 4 points with 2 of the points coming against PIT

I'll be at the Minny game. 200 lvl, the wife spared no expense for my birthday. I'm so hoping they crush it, but a night at the game is always a great time. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm not happy we lost the bonus point but I'm glad we still got a point. Evenly fought game analytically 5v5 and that's no easy feat against Carolina's depth and D corp. So I'm a bit disappointed but certainly not angry. They didn't lose due to a lack of effort or looking inept; they just had a bit of bad luck and 3v3 can be a literal crapshoot. UPL should've held the puck

Now lets go sweep the weekend games and get to 5-1-1 in our last 7  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.