Comrie Officially Placed on IR

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Anyone know what it possibly could be? I didn’t see anything on the play.

Nothing official.

From the way he reacted and moved I was thinking groin, but some were pointing to a Devil falling on him just before that sequence…?

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

I thought he caught his left skate on the net.  Your guess is as good as mine as to what that means.

His skate definitely hit the post but it didn't appear to cause his leg to jar which would've messed up his groin.  Maybe it did even though it didn't look like it would.

About a minute earlier, he'd had a Devil fall on his back without any real warning about it.  Could see that having done some minimal damage and then the leg hitting the post finishing off whichever ligament went "pop."

Either way, we need UPL to keep that horseshoe lodged up his butt for at least a couple more weeks because he'll be getting into some games over that stretch.  Would be great if he could keep it there all season.  Would have no issue with Adams getting to take victory laps over his belief in the 3 goalies he has.  (Not expecting that at all, but would pretty much guarantee playoffs this year.)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

With Comrie on IR and Coolley sent down there is a roster spot open.

Yeah. Not sure if this warrants its own thread, but who do the Sabres put in that spot? Savoie? They said Comrie is week to week originally. I'm not sure of the rules of IR, but I would think we'd pull up another defender if it doesn't go to Savoie. I think this week will be a deciding factor for both Benson and Savoie.

27 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Yeah. Not sure if this warrants its own thread, but who do the Sabres put in that spot? Savoie? They said Comrie is week to week originally. I'm not sure of the rules of IR, but I would think we'd pull up another defender if it doesn't go to Savoie. I think this week will be a deciding factor for both Benson and Savoie.

I don’t think it will be Savoie because they can keep him in the AHL for another week or so before another decision needs to be made.

I can see Stillman or Clague coming up since Clifton has one more game left on his suspension. Bryson will dress based on his play and DG’s glowing comments. I’m not sure about waivers for those two Dmen, I think there is a period (month?) where they can go back and forth without waivers every time.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Per Granato's presser today post-practice; Comrie skated on his own with Benson and Samuelsson today.

They didn't "rush" him last year; he was out a long time.  But he definitely wasn't the same when he came back from injury that he'd been before the injury nor what he was at the very end of the season.

Hoping they learned from last year's experience and make sure he's healthy before they bring him back.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.