Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

11 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

How are Rosen and Kulich looking? Not setting AHL on fire it seems.

They started the season on fire.  Since the WJC, it’s been ugly.  Kulich had 17 goals in his first 22 games thus season, he’s had once since. 🤮Rosen has been down most of the season.  He had a 10 game goalless streak. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

How are Rosen and Kulich looking? Not setting AHL on fire it seems.

Kulich hasn't been the same since world juniors. Then he got hit in the face when he got back and missed a few games. So he hasn't stood out like before. Same with Rosen. It's been our non-prospects (Jobst, Warren, Murray) that have been playing well.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

I was born and raised in Rochester NY for 25 years but can’t watch any of their games since I moved away. Describe their season in 1 word to me. Thanks 

Familiar.

so effectively, 90% of their games are against teams in their own division?  WTF kind of weird schedule is that?  Guessing trying to limit travel distance and costs? I mean they are playing them each like 10x?

Edited by matter2003

The Crunch are a superior team with more speed and more skill, except between the pipes. Stopping 25 of the 26 shots he’s faced after two periods, Levi is the only reason the Amerks are leading 3-1. 

Amerks hung on for a 3-2 win. For long stretches of the 3rd, it looked like the Crunch were on an extended power play. Levi with a solid 35 save win. But it’s easy to see why the Crunch have been kicking Amerks butt all season; they are bigger, stronger, faster, and more skilled. I don’t like our chances if we should see them in the playoffs.

Edited by K-9

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Levi Amerks stats after last night’s win:

10-5-3

2.49 GAA

.926 SV%

Not too shabby, especially when considering the crapfastic D being played in front of him. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Hopefully not .

Get a vet 

Yep. Let him cook.

Saw some crazy stats today. 

Amerks are 1 of 2 teams in a playoff spot with under 20 regulation wins. After last night, they have 17, along with Manitoba. No other team in contention has below 20 RW. 

Amerks have a -21 goal differential and are 7 games over 500.

Seems nearly impossible that are where they are right now. Two huge games on a B2B, home and away with the Marlies, who are 3 pts behind them this weekend. Friday night and Sat afternoon. I'll be there Friday night. 

45 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Saw some crazy stats today. 

Amerks are 1 of 2 teams in a playoff spot with under 20 regulation wins. After last night, they have 17, along with Manitoba. No other team in contention has below 20 RW. 

Amerks have a -21 goal differential and are 7 games over 500.

Seems nearly impossible that are where they are right now. Two huge games on a B2B, home and away with the Marlies, who are 3 pts behind them this weekend. Friday night and Sat afternoon. I'll be there Friday night. 

It does seem like they squeak out wins or get blown the ***** out.  Stats kinda line up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

It does seem like they squeak out wins or get blown the ***** out.  Stats kinda line up. 

Not to mention how many leads they've pissed away. We're 3-0 up on Cuse last night and barely hung on 3-2. Very odd team this season. 

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Not to mention how many leads they've pissed away. We're 3-0 up on Cuse last night and barely hung on 3-2. Very odd team this season. 

And some of these players want to be competing for spots on the big club next year. Levi is playing his part. The rest (ie Rosen, Kulich) better wake the F up.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, kas23 said:

And some of these players want to be competing for spots on the big club next year. Levi is playing his part. The rest (ie Rosen, Kulich) better wake the F up.

I don't watch the games, but I do check box scores. WTH happened to Kulich? This is not an NHL scoring pace!

3 hours ago, inkman said:

55 years.. seriously.

We've been gifted with some quality, long term broadcasting in this area.  Something that should never be overlooked.