Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

Went to the game tonight in Charlotte.  Jost was the best player tonight IMO.  Kulich, Rosen and Rousek were very noticeable throughout.   I was surprised at how well Jobst played, he flies around and was involved in a lot of good things that happened. 

15 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Went to the game tonight in Charlotte.  Jost was the best player tonight IMO.  Kulich, Rosen and Rousek were very noticeable throughout.   I was surprised at how well Jobst played, he flies around and was involved in a lot of good things that happened. 

Jost has been good since he was sent down. He really is the epitome of a tweener: a tad too go for the A, a tad not good enough for the show. 

12 hours ago, K-9 said:

Jost has been good since he was sent down. He really is the epitome of a tweener: a tad too go for the A, a tad not good enough for the show. 

He’ll probably get traded at the deadline to a playoff team as insurance in exchange for future considerations.

30 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

He’ll probably get traded at the deadline to a playoff team as insurance in exchange for future considerations.

Another gatdam shame that the Sabres wouldn’t hold on to him for the very same contingency.

Someday we may be in a position to stock up on insurance policies…..

26 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Amerks playing in the Outdoor Classic against the Charlotte Checkers tonight. Up 1 zip after one in a goal by Weisbach. Comrie stopped all 16 shots he faced.

Sadly, doesn't seem to be on AHLTV.  

Amerks up 2-1 in the 2nd.

43 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’m actually watching it on AHLTV. Weird.

It wasn't under "Live Games" on my app, but after seeing your post, I found it under "Live Games by Team" instead.  Strange.

Of course, now it's not looking so good.

1 minute ago, carpandean said:

It wasn't under "Live Games" on my app, but after seeing your post, I found it under "Live Games by Team" instead.  Strange.

Of course, now it's not looking so good.

Glad you found it, but sorry you have to watch it. 😄

• Haha (+1) 1

Congrats to Comrie, nice to see.  Hopefully his health and good play continues.  He's been pretty good down there so far

Also, 6 goal outing (none from Kulich).  Multi point game from the Russians though:  Kisakov and Neuchev.  According to the writeup, Neuchev has a 5 game point streak, sure would be nice to see him take a step this year.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7-3 tonight.

They flat out dominated Springfield and Malcolm Subban.  They outshot them more than 2-1.  Especially in the 3rd, they played much tighter D than they had in the couple of games I'd had a chance to watch this season.

I'm confused. Just now, I was watching tonight's Amerks hilights and Levi was in the net. I think I saw Comrie's nameplate on his back in a camera shot. So Levi started, Comrie on the bench. Was this a figment of my imagination? Who backed up Luukkonen against TB today? Or was this covered previously in this thread? 

4 minutes ago, Quint said:

I'm confused. Just now, I was watching tonight's Amerks hilights and Levi was in the net. I think I saw Comrie's nameplate on his back in a camera shot. So Levi started, Comrie on the bench. Was this a figment of my imagination? Who backed up Luukkonen against TB today? Or was this covered previously in this thread? 

I was at the game and can confirm Levi started and Cooley backup up all 60 minutes. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Quint said:

Was at the Sabres game.  Can confirm Comrie was sitting on the bench all game long.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2023 at 9:32 PM, sabremike said:

Another day, another Rochester loss. Nice to see they are in complete freefall just like the parent organization.

On 12/30/2023 at 9:37 AM, Claude Balls said:

Hard to chill with this trend

Oct - 7-2

Nov - 5-5

Dec - 3-8 with a game tonight.

Teams is taking on way too many of the same traits as the Sabres.  

On 12/30/2023 at 10:39 AM, Amerks8796 said:

It was pulled from the Kevin O article.  Even so, everything else said is accurate. I don’t care about giving them the benefit of the doubt. No one would say anything similar if this were the Sabres and a similar situation. 

Amerks 6-1-1 in the last eight (and five wins in regulation. How about some positivity boys??

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/20/2024 at 10:24 PM, Porous Five Hole said:

Amerks 6-1-1 in the last eight (and five wins in regulation. How about some positivity boys??

Hells yeah!! I was at the 7-3 blowout. And Kulich was a non factor. Levi wasn't that great either, but I'll take the win!!!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Hells yeah!! I was at the 7-3 blowout. And Kulich was a non factor. Levi wasn't that great either, but I'll take the win!!!!

Levi gave up 3 in 17 shots?   Hmmm.  Hadn’t played since Jan 9th. 

Great development plan.  

• Haha (+1) 1