GDT: Flames @ Sabres, Oct. 19, 2023 - 7pm EDT, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Because they are terrified to play their other goalies when they are slightly desperate for a win

Which is another indication (not that we need it) that it was a colossal mistake to not bring in a goalie to tandem with Levi that they would trust to start in a winnable must win game.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, klos1963 said:

I didn't,  just after watching the game, made me think it must stink playing in Buffalo.  

Such a miserable atmosphere. 

Miserable is right. And it’s entirely a creation of the miserable product they put on the ice. 19,000+ showed up on opening night just dying for a reason to love this team and come back again. The fans were pumped and provided a great atmosphere right up until this team sucked all the joy out of the building with a crap performance. And they’ve done NOTHING to bring them back since. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

A southern tier 19oz can at the arena is $16.50.  It’s infuriating. 

12 Oz Molson Canadian in AZ is $14

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Miserable is right. And it’s entirely a creation of the miserable product they put on the ice. 19,000+ showed up on opening night just dying for a reason to love this team and come back again. The fans were pumped and provided a great atmosphere right up until this team sucked all the joy out of the building with a crap performance. And they’ve done NOTHING to bring them back since. 

One and done?

Just now, K-9 said:

Not only has nothing improved, it actually looks worse. Now we have to hope for a 3-4 win streak just to get us back on track. Meanwhile the other “young” teams in our division are having the start I hoped for and look good doing it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

and their only victory was an O.T job vs. a Tampa Bay team that had Jonas Johansson as their number one goaltender and no Stamkos. Not a good start to this season whatsoever and they have not looked good. The defence is the same old same old we have witnessed for the pasr several seasons. I'll take Gerard Gallant any day. Donnie has worn out my patience. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

JJP to top line and Tuch to line two. 

I’m all for a shakeup, but I don’t think that will do much given how unorganized we are in our own end defensively. Same old same old on the D side of things. It’s maddening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Not only has nothing improved, it actually looks worse. Now we have to hope for a 3-4 win streak just to get us back on track. Meanwhile the other “young” teams in our division are having the start I hoped for and look good doing it. 

Detroit and Ottawa are well on their way to easily eclipsing this club. In the span of what? One off season?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

12 Oz Molson Canadian in AZ is $14

One and done?

We’ve been season ticket holders for decades, so play that tune for someone else, but I can’t blame anyone for needing to wait and see before coming back and shelling out major bucks for a subpar product. Don’t blame them at all. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

UPL in net this game is 10-3

Probably.

4 goals allowed from Levi on 4 “expected”, if you care about that stuff. So, an average performance.

That’s all well and good, but clearly the team is constructed in such a way that we are counting on “good” output from our elected starting goalie, and not just “break even”. That was what Levi was supposed to represent, and that was baked into roster construction we have to assume, given lack of activity at position 

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

And we seem to have better prospects on paper. But in actually they play sound hockey. 

I've watched both those clubs play this season. It isn't even close how much better they look than the Sabres. I fear the outcome when it's Buffalo's turn to play them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

We’ve been season ticket holders for decades, so play that tune for someone else, but I can’t blame anyone for needing to wait and see before coming back and shelling out major bucks for a subpar product. Don’t blame them at all. 

I jumped in and grabbed seasons in May/June assuming that they saw what we all saw last spring, and were ready to go all in with these guys. I am still floored at what Kevyn spent this offseason not doing. He was on the radio talking about how great it was that he actually got to get away from hockey in July. I'm not saying he shouldn't do that and enjoy it, but you have to actually do your job first for taking off to make sense ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.