Sabres Prospect Updates 23-24

LabattBlue

30 minutes ago, Thorny said:

In the system? If we are counting down the line also, I do think Quinn and Benson will be top line quality wingers 

Quinn and Benson on a line together is going to be electric. If we luck into Celebrini, those 3 together would be one of the best lines in hockey in 2-3years. Before someone ***** about waiting that long, I'm not saying we should, just noting the timeline of those 3 if it were to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Quinn and Benson on a line together is going to be electric. If we luck into Celebrini, those 3 together would be one of the best lines in hockey in 2-3years. Before someone ***** about waiting that long, I'm not saying we should, just noting the timeline of those 3 if it were to happen.

If we somehow win the lottery and get him then The frustration, Embarrassment and Dealing with the Buffalo  clown organization this year 

Was worth it 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That’s why I hope we don’t win the lottery. Because if that possibility arrises, they’d take it, and they’d indeed then wait that long 

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If we somehow win the lottery and get him then The frustration, Embarrassment and Dealing with the Buffalo  clown organization this year 

Was worth it 

Absolutely not 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

That’s why I hope we don’t win the lottery. Because if that possibility arrises, they’d take it, and they’d indeed then wait that long 

Absolutely not 

I too fear anything that incentives extending the timeline.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/22/2024 at 12:11 PM, Weave said:

I too fear anything that incentives extending the timeline.

Adams and Donny will barely make it through this offseason. There is virtually nothing that will make them believe they will make it through next off season without a playoff appearance. Nothing will incentivize them to delay anything.

46 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Adams and Donny will barely make it through this offseason. There is virtually nothing that will make them believe they will make it through next off season without a playoff appearance. Nothing will incentivize them to delay anything.

Adams is Terry’s right hand man. Donny has a 3 year extension. They aren’t sweating at all. This is all part of “the process” that KA will spin to Terry.

ROC fans better get ready! Anton Wahlberg is on his way over. He’s still in a teenage body, and he needs to work on his skating. But, Anton has an air about him that screams “legit NHL prospect!”  

I expect the Sabres will bring Noah Östlund over to acclimate to the smaller N.A. ice. But his team - Växjö - is much better than Malmö so that could be delayed. Regardless, I think both will need at least a year in the AHL. 

30 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Disagree but I understand that thinking as well.

More than anything I would love to believe they are on their last legs but I can’t see a scenario where Adams is fired. He’s the guy Terry trusts who has worked his way up and gained Terry’s ear and trust. Terry doesn’t trust NHL people anymore. And I can’t see him eating a year extension on Granato. Everything they have been doing seems to indicate cutting corners and saving $$$.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

More than anything I would love to believe they are on their last legs but I can’t see a scenario where Adams is fired. He’s the guy Terry trusts who has worked his way up and gained Terry’s ear and trust. Terry doesn’t trust NHL people anymore. And I can’t see him eating a year extension on Granato. Everything they have been doing seems to indicate cutting corners and saving $$$.

I don’t see Adams getting fired. He really is good organizationally and is ideally suited to be President with Karmonis taking over as GM. In an ideal world that would happen this year along with RBM taking over as highest paid coach in the league but there are a few reasons that won’t happen 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Is Wahlberg coming over because his team was eliminated and joining the Amerks just for the playoffs, or will he be here for next season and beyond?

I don't know if he qualifies for the AHL playoffs since he wasn't on the Amerks roster on March 8th. I also wonder if Savoie will join once his WHL season ends and if he's eligible for the postseason.

Savoie ends his regular season with 71 points in 34 games 

his 2.09 pts/gm was the leagues best 

think a lot of us are sleeping on how good this player is already 

He will either have a long trip towards the Memorial Cup or be an integral part of the Amerks playoff push 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know if he qualifies for the AHL playoffs since he wasn't on the Amerks roster on March 8th. I also wonder if Savoie will join once his WHL season ends and if he's eligible for the postseason.

He (Savoie) played last season under the exact same circumstances.   Have to think he is eligible 

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

I don’t see Adams getting fired. He really is good organizationally and is ideally suited to be President with Karmonis taking over as GM. In an ideal world that would happen this year along with RBM taking over as highest paid coach in the league but there are a few reasons that won’t happen 

RBM?

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

He will either have a long trip towards the Memorial Cup or be an integral part of the Amerks playoff push 

Taking nothing away from his impressive accomplishment in the WHL this season, but I question how much a player can really improve his game in a league that couldn’t challenge him enough. I think his five points in six games in the A earlier this season is more reassuring to me that he is on the right developmental track. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, shrader said:

RBM?

Rod Brind’ Amour. Carolina has still not extended him and there have been rumors that Buffalo would offer to make him the highest paid coach in the NHL. First, he’s likely to stay. Second, like Babcock before him, his wife would likely veto any move to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Rod Brind’amour 

He’d be the perfect coach for the next phase in our development. And Skinner would never see the lineup, his big contract be damned. Pegs and KA should put in a full court press if he becomes a free agent.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Rod Brind’ Amour. Carolina has still not extended him and there have been rumors that Buffalo would offer to make him the highest paid coach in the NHL. First, he’s likely to stay. Second, like Babcock before him, his wife would likely veto any move to Buffalo.

I think it’s time for a lesson on acronyms. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Good trade chip tbh

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Taking nothing away from his impressive accomplishment in the WHL this season, but I question how much a player can really improve his game in a league that couldn’t challenge him enough. I think his five points in six games in the A earlier this season is more reassuring to me that he is on the right developmental track. 

Ya. D+2 junior numbers are kinda W/e