Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

6 hours ago, inkman said:

“Around”

What a freaking bozo.
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39584777/coyotes-cutting-adam-ruzicka-apparent-cocaine-video

The move comes after Ruzicka posted to his Instagram stories a video of himself with a white powder appearing to be cocaine and a credit card on a counter.

Ruzicka, 24, is in the second season of a two-year contract worth $1.525 million.

I gotta say -- if I'm a coach or GM, I have no interest in someone this dumb, let alone the drug issues.

Of course, if DG coached him at the World Juniors...

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

What a freaking bozo.
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39584777/coyotes-cutting-adam-ruzicka-apparent-cocaine-video

I gotta say -- if I'm a coach or GM, I have no interest in someone this dumb, let alone the drug issues.

Of course, if DG coached him at the World Juniors...

Maybe he was just cleaning the counter with Ajax, and realized he needed more, and got out the credit card to get an Amazon delivery?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Maybe he was just cleaning the counter with Ajax, and realized he needed more, and got out the credit card to get an Amazon delivery?

And you can’t really tell how much Ajax you have left unless you line in up nicely. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Old school hockey fight.  Great stamina from each pugilist. #Haymakers.  

https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/n269050

Even elite teams have room for the fighters - Deslauries career has been to hit people and fight.  

The days of goons are long gone - but the league needs more of this.

Rempe is massive.  He got the game winner tonight to.  May have been the reason they won.  He’s 21 years old.  

Why aren’t we drafting kids like this????

• Thanks (+1) 1

More on Rempe:

So, in four career games, he has 8:32 of ice time and 27 penalty minutes.

But the eventful start was far from over. He netted his first career NHL goal on a deflection Saturday, helping the Rangers tie a franchise record with their 10th straight victory.

"Probably the ugliest first goal in NHL history, but I'll take it," he told ESPN after the game, calling his first week in the NHL "very eventful."

"I love it. I want to bring that physicality, that edge to the team, bring speed, fly in there, bang bodies, go to the net. I think I'm doing that, and I'm having so much fun."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/rangers-rookie-sensation-second-fight-4th-nhl-game-very-eventful-first-week-as-pro-continues.amp

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Old school hockey fight.  Great stamina from each pugilist. #Haymakers.  

https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/n269050

Fight of the year so far I think. 

You can see why the Rangers moved on from Reaves. Their 4th line is pure old school and very effective. Edstrom's really big too. It was a good game and Rangers are looking playoff ready. 

• Agree 1

Funny I commented on this kid days before after the otu door game and no one noticed but now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. I also sommented that thewir 4th line is massive and two rookies that are big and fun tto watch. Glad to see everyone is finally taking notice as I sure wish the Sabres had some big guys like this.I hated the Braod Street bull ything but like big guys for when you need them...

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, inkman said:

So a rookie fights every taker in his first week as an NHLer and everyone thinks enforcers are returning to the league?  

If he fought his way to the front of the net for a hat trick, I'd be impressed 🤣 

But ya, other wise, youtube fight fodder, I agree.

Edited by Scottysabres

21 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

Even elite teams have room for the fighters - Deslauries career has been to hit people and fight.  

The days of goons are long gone - but the league needs more of this.

Rempe is massive.  He got the game winner tonight to.  May have been the reason they won.  He’s 21 years old.  

Why aren’t we drafting kids like this????

Don't expect any big guys soon. Amerks are the smallest team in the entire AHL. I don't see this organization bringing in any tough guys either. 

3 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Don't expect any big guys soon. Amerks are the smallest team in the entire AHL. I don't see this organization bringing in any tough guys either. 

I partially disagree seeing as Adams has made it apparent he’s been trying to get bigger stronger players since mid way through last season. He went after Chychrun and acquired Greenway and Stillman. Draft wise, my guess it’s more of a best player available approach more than specifically targeting small guys. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I partially disagree seeing as Adams has made it apparent he’s been trying to get bigger stronger players since mid way through last season. He went after Chychrun and acquired Greenway and Stillman. Draft wise, my guess it’s more of a best player available approach more than specifically targeting small guys. 

I was gonna mention Stillman. I've been to 9 or 10 Amerks games so far this season. I've seen one fight and that was Brendan Warren. Stillman seems to by staying away from the rough stuff. Fighting looks to be way down in the A this year. I love a good throw down now and again, but that's not the reason I enjoy hockey. 

Last two games I went to were against Belleville last week, (Wed&Fri). I couldn't believe the size difference between the two teams. That's what made me look up teams avg size. The Senators avg 6' 2" 197lbs. Amerks are 6'0" 189lbs. Size doesn't necessarily translate to wins, but come the playoffs, it helps. And B-ville won both games to hop the Amerks in the standings. 

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Except Sillman isn't big or strong. 

18 hours ago, inkman said:

So a rookie fights every taker in his first week as an NHLer and everyone thinks enforcers are returning to the league?  

Nope, but they never really left the league did they? 

The kid looks like he still has a few things to learn about fighting too.

https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/n269066

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I too do not like the pre-arranged fights but this kid had this coming. he got detroyed. I do think we need someone to fight when needed...Marcus was the exact guy and we traded him. I remember coaching Atoms and we were a small team and even then other teams took advantage at times and our kids played afraid often. Then we added a big kid named Sam who loved to rough it up and suddenly other teams were leaving our kids alone. Teams play bigger when they have some big guys to protect them if needed. Cozens should NOT be our fighter.  I give him credit for standing up to Hathaway but that just should not happen.  

Edited by sabrefanday1
  • Agree 1

They didn’t go away, they are just on the brink of extinction.  Fighting is fine.  The league just doesn’t need a designated fighter role. It serves little purpose other than satisfying the blood thirsty fans.  

9 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Bringing in one player in 12 months isn’t really doing anything at all. 

Interesting in this clip that the announcer says “he gets challenged every get” re: Rempe. Who was the last “challenger” in Buffalo?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Bringing in one player in 12 months isn’t really doing anything at all. 

Clifton and E Johnson are also considered more physical styled players

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Except Sillman isn't big or strong. 

He's 6'1" and nearly 200 lbs; he isn't exactly small and weak either.