Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Oh they definitely look great. Very impressive too considering almost everyone was calling for a rebuild. 

I just think this very easy extended stretch of games has also been a bit of a factor, too.

I was also the guy clamouring for Hellebuyck if he was at all available when nearly no one else was so, I feel rather good in that as he’s been their best player 

I’m not sold on them as a playoff threat at all until I see it, the whole league tightens up defensively so with their advantage on that front somewhat mitigated I’m not sure their offence will get it done at that time, but it’s certainly wide open. You have to give them credit for an outstanding season thus far. 

Bowness needs some awards consideration  

9 games in 15 days isn't that easy, especially the last 4 or 5 games. I think they have won every b2b game this year.

I'm okay if they keep playing like this in the playoffs...they are playing playoff hockey right now in my opinion.

Bones has done wonders but Tippett on the left coast will probably get it and one could argue, deservedly so.

Helle would have done wonders for a few teams around the league.

Brossoit has been just as good to be honest. I remember posting that you guys would be wise to pick him up a few years ago. He knocked us out of the playoffs last year and then got hurt but still got a ring. He'd be a good addition on the Sabres and deserves a shot at being a starter. Hoping Levi or Comrie or UPL would turn into a starter this year was asinine and should be a firable offence. Comrie is your highest paid goalie coming in at 50k more than LB. Basically wasting a year of all your good players just like Chevy did with our AHL D playing in the NHL a few years ago.

Edited by Ducky
  • Like (+1) 1

Not sure if it’s been spoken about but will Eichel be ready for the game on mar 2? Probably if rehab goes well. 
Sabres fans in Buffalo, you want him to play when they’re there or you happy if he’s still out?

1 minute ago, rickshaw said:

Not sure if it’s been spoken about but will Eichel be ready for the game on mar 2? Probably if rehab goes well. 
Sabres fans in Buffalo, you want him to play when they’re there or you happy if he’s still out?

If they the lower body surgery that was joked about here, I wonder who performs the first cup check. 

13 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I hope he plays and sets an NHL record for goals scored in a single game. This entire organization deserves to have its collective noses shoved into ***** in the most brutal and humiliating ways possible until they decide to act like an actual credible NHL organization.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

I hope he plays and sets an NHL record for goals scored in a single game. This entire organization deserves to have its collective noses shoved into ***** in the most brutal and humiliating ways possible until they decide to act like an actual credible NHL organization.

Why do you post here?

No fan would say this. 

• dislike 1

37 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Why do you post here?

No fan would say this. 

I'm sick and tired of the neverending ***** and at this point only a "Come To Jesus" moment has any chance of making that happen. Thirteen ***** years with no end in sight and doing the same stupid ***** over and over and over and refusing to change. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, rickshaw said:

You know what I actually want? I want the Sabres to be good enough that Eichel coming to town simply doesn't matter. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

I'm sick and tired of the neverending ***** and at this point only a "Come To Jesus" moment has any chance of making that happen. Thirteen ***** years with no end in sight and doing the same stupid ***** over and over and over and refusing to change. 

Honestly, you should find a new hobby that doesn’t make you so angry. 👍

On 1/18/2024 at 4:52 PM, Pimlach said:

Rumor has it that the Maple Leaves are going to fold and move the franchise to Erie, PA.  

Then sell the Sabres to Bon Jovi and let him move them.

On 1/19/2024 at 8:34 AM, That Aud Smell said:

By the way. Being hard to play against doesn't mean that you're a team full of natural born thumpers. It's more a mindset and approach to the game.

You're right:  Powderpuff Samson is having a career year with them.

On 1/19/2024 at 9:02 AM, K-9 said:

They attended the Dan Dunleavey School of TV Announcing.

I've decided two things about Dan Dunleavey:

1. He's a heck of a nice guy.  Just a quality guy all around.
  2. He's also part of the reason I dislike watching Sabres games these days.
  • Agree 3

On 1/21/2024 at 5:49 PM, PerreaultForever said:

"Risto hits things" 

Sometimes "things" also hit Risto

Ottawa dominated after this. Hint hint. 

Visions of Cream of Umberger.

On 1/21/2024 at 8:46 PM, Porous Five Hole said:

Why do you post here?

No fan would say this. 

If it brings the needed changes I'm all in favor of it.

59 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If it brings the needed changes I'm all in favor of it.

But it doesn’t. It just makes this place no fun to be here 🤷‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

You don't really understand Buffalo sports at all, do you?  😉

All too well. I’ve detached some because of the letdowns. I’m much more low key than I used to be. I’m just a fan and I cheer for my favorite team.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Watching is one thing, but have you ever tried to listen to him call a game on the radio only? He literally can’t describe the play by play action on the ice and doesn’t even try. His TV audience can at least fill in the blanks visually, but the radio audience is completely lost. 

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Watching is one thing, but have you ever tried to listen to him call a game on the radio only? He literally can’t describe the play by play action on the ice and doesn’t even try. His TV audience can at least fill in the blanks visually, but the radio audience is completely lost. 

It’s 2024. Why are you watching hockey on a radio? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I can definitely accept the that opinion; I don't hate his announcing but its a far cry from RJ

9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I can definitely accept the that opinion; I don't hate his announcing but its a far cry from RJ

I gave him a fair shot, but the longer I listen to him, the more I pick up on little things he does that annoy me.

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm actually good with Dunleavey. Is he great and memorable? No, but I have gotten used to him.  I'm being honest, RJ to me was pretty bad his last year or so, he was behind the play a lot and made mistakes.  Dunleavey is not as good as Peak RJ, but I'm find with him now.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm actually good with Dunleavey. Is he great and memorable? No, but I have gotten used to him.  I'm being honest, RJ to me was pretty bad his last year or so, he was behind the play a lot and made mistakes.  Dunleavey is not as good as Peak RJ, but I'm find with him now.

This was me last season.