Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Actually if you watch a little before the fight Tuch started it and I like that he did. 

Actually, if you watch a little before that, Tkachuk started it earlier in the shift out in the neutral zone by taking a run a Tuch long after the puck was gone.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Actually, if you watch a little before that, Tkachuk started it earlier in the shift out in the neutral zone by taking a run a Tuch long after the puck was gone.

Yep. I think that’s conveniently overlooked by some who want Tuch to be the root of why everything devolved into the ugliness it did. I’m not surprised Tkachuk wasn’t fined or suspended. But I am disappointed. NHL…. You disappoint me!

😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

That was Tuch retaliating for the cheap shot Tkachuk got away with on him earlier. I forget exactly what he did now, but he took a few strides to hit Tuch away from the play and there was no penalty called.

Maybe. but Tuch went after him and gave him a nice check off the hip. Brady was mad cause they were losing AND cause of the shoulder pop or stinger he got earlier when he left the ice. 

Not excusing him, but a guy like that, it's going to happen. You just deal with it. 

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Someone else mentioned it, but the Bruins are paper tigers. Their season started with wins over the Hawks X 2, Preds, Sharks, Kings, and Ducks. Hardly a murderers row or Vezina contenders.  

Yup. Offensively challenged. DeBrusk is doing nothing. Good goaltending and D has carried them but they cannot score much and likely that holds all season. 

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Yep. I think that’s conveniently overlooked by some who want Tuch to be the root of why everything devolved into the ugliness it did. I’m not surprised Tkachuk wasn’t fined or suspended. But I am disappointed. NHL…. You disappoint me!

😂

Maybe Karma caught up with the Sens though. 

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

So, now the '72 Fishies just need the Knights to go down to be able to pop the champagne corks again.  😉

I always like it when the defending champs start out really strong the next year. It validates their cup win even further and creates a compelling “champs till proven otherwise narrative” - such to the level that once they eventually get taken down in the playoffs it’s a bigger accomplishment for the team that does it, more dramatic and compelling: or they win again and the drama increases exponentially