Amerks Will Be a Wagon This Season

Flashsabre

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Here is my first attempt at lines (I’m sure I’ll screw this up somehow) 

Forwards

Kulich - Biro - Rosen

Kisakov - Jobst - Rousek

Murray - Kozak - Cederqvist 

Mersch - Weissbach - Nadeau

extra - Warren, Slaggert, Richards, Giroux

Defense

Johnson - Novikov

Clague - Stillman

Cecconi- Metsa

extra - Jandric, Prow, Davies

Goalies

Cooley, Tokarski, Houser 

Amazing what a difference a year can make.  Prow got a lot of ice time last year and he's a spare part now.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Amazing what a difference a year can make.  Prow got a lot of ice time last year and he's a spare part now.

Well, that’s moly interpretation at least.  Appert will probably rotate the boys in frequently especially when the season gets going and bumps and bruises start piling up. 

34 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

No shot. Appert frequently calls him one of the better defenseman in the league. Him and Davies will definitely play. 

Could be.  But which of those 6 that Inky has listed ahead of him gets bumped to play him?  Stillman is an NHL caliber D man and Clague is a true tweener.  Johnson and Novikov will be playing every night because much to Amerks fans chagrin, the A is a developmental league 1st and foremost and those are the 2 prize D prospects.  Cecconi was the only D-man that knew what his side of the blue line looked like some nights, and Metsa is probably going to get a lot of ice time himself from the propsect perspective.  Guess Cecconi could be odd man out, but as the only defensive true AHLer, maybe not.

Prow was leaned on last year.  But could see scenarios where he's literally 7th on the depth chart many nights.  Which makes Davies 8th.

22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Could be.  But which of those 6 that Inky has listed ahead of him gets bumped to play him?  Stillman is an NHL caliber D man and Clague is a true tweener.  Johnson and Novikov will be playing every night because much to Amerks fans chagrin, the A is a developmental league 1st and foremost and those are the 2 prize D prospects.  Cecconi was the only D-man that knew what his side of the blue line looked like some nights, and Metsa is probably going to get a lot of ice time himself from the propsect perspective.  Guess Cecconi could be odd man out, but as the only defensive true AHLer, maybe not.

Prow was leaned on last year.  But could see scenarios where he's literally 7th on the depth chart many nights.  Which makes Davies 8th.

Thank you for explaining how loaded this team actually is.  Plus all the forwards from last year returned (for now)? 

Let’s goooooo

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Cecchoni, Novikov and Metsa would likely sit first. Or they’ll do a rotation of everyone. Novikov is young, Russian and adjusting to a new ice sheet. I can definitely see them bringing him along slowly since they have so much depth. They may also play 7 D, which they did in the playoffs last year. But Davies and Prow are definitely not going to be spare parts. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:04 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Too bad we can't loan it to you, because it's sitting empty most nights, other than the odd country music concert and tractor pull.

1.jpg

One of my daughter's graduation was there about 6 years ago. She went to Nashua South HS. I thought the place was great for an AHL barn. 

Never realized there were so many rednecks in Manchester.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:55 AM, Amerks8796 said:

Cecchoni, Novikov and Metsa would likely sit first. Or they’ll do a rotation of everyone. Novikov is young, Russian and adjusting to a new ice sheet. I can definitely see them bringing him along slowly since they have so much depth. They may also play 7 D, which they did in the playoffs last year. But Davies and Prow are definitely not going to be spare parts. 

They could but I would be surprised if Novikov was not fed ice time. He's already played 2yrs of pro hockey. 

32 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

One of my daughter's graduation was there about 6 years ago. She went to Nashua South HS. I thought the place was great for an AHL barn. 

Never realized there were so many rednecks in Manchester.

NH is Alabama North...in parts, anyway.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/7/2023 at 8:37 PM, ... said:

Having never been to an Amerks game, what is the experience like? I'm talking about parking access and prices, walk to the arena, concessions, seats...stuff like that.

On 10/7/2023 at 9:38 PM, Taro T said:

There's plenty of reasonably priced parking right across the street from the rink on 2 sides and plenty of other places a short walk away too.  (If you're there early enough, you might even luck into on the street parking.)  There's also Dinosaur a very short walk across the street from the rink (it's on the eastern river bank and the rink is on the western one).  Concessions are typical rink food with 2 fairly large (for a small barn) food courts (one at center ice on the south side of the rink and the other behind the far goal line.  There's also a large atrium near the main entrance to the building.  Know there are additional beverage stands there.  Never paid close enough attention to whether they also have food concessions there too.

And there are several other smaller concessions around the rink.

Both seating levels enter the rink at the same places, so everyone has access to the same concessions and rest rooms.  Some of the rest rooms are VERY small.

The seats are fine.  Maybe a little small, but personally have never had an issue.   There aren't any bad seats.  The barn is small (maybe just under 10k, it was smaller prior to a couple of renovations).  The scoreboard and accoustics could be better but they're good enough.

It's an old time hockey barn.

On 10/8/2023 at 1:14 AM, Claude Balls said:

Old time is right. I've been going there for about 50 years now. It's a major s**thole, but I still love it. Every seat has major stains on them. The place really needs to be razed. But I'll keep going until then. 

And the best parking is in the civic center garage. Just park and walk through the tunnel that brings you right into the atrium. 

On 10/8/2023 at 7:21 AM, etiennep99 said:

I've been to a few games.  I can't stand going anymore.  The "music" is so freakin' LOUD and annoying, and almost non-stop.  They don't even stop it until AFTER the face-off and play has really started already.  It's not like the old days having an organ player. You can't have a conversation.  No singing or chanting so much.  There is an occasional "wave".  Getting back to noise, you see lots of young kids and babys with ear-muffs on (thank God!). I always wore ear-plugs. And there are a ton of promos during play stoppages. I've never bought food at a game other than a pop, and Coke is Coke.  The whole atmosphere is like the hockey game is a total afterthought.   It's not like in the old days when people wore nice clothes to a hockey game and actually socialized with their friends acting civilized.  The presentation totally seams geared for low IQ extroverts.  The seats are meh.  I forgot my extra favorite cushion there the last time that I went, perhaps because I had a migraine. And it is really, literally, migraine city.  I'd rather stay home and watch the TV with a MUTE BUTTON....Add in the fact that cars are getting stolen left and right in Rochester (esp. Hyundai's and Kia's), it doesn't feel safe to go downtown, even in the parking garage.

And it's a shame. Because I like seeing some games live. It's just a different perspective up close.

The Americans do seem like a really stacked team this year.  At least they should be fun to watch (on TV).

Chick-Fil-A coming baby!

https://x.com/news10nbc/status/1712231761885766040?s=46&t=MlZqQ72jOicGxFUY54ofpA

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They could but I would be surprised if Novikov was not fed ice time. He's already played 2yrs of pro hockey. 

Different league, different style, different ice sheet. He’ll play plenty, but if anyone here has ever listened to Appert even a little, they would know his thoughts on Prow. He won’t sit unless it’s a rotation or he needs a rest. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.