GDT: Sabres V Bluejackets 3pm ET 📺 sabres.com 📻 WGR550

steveoath

33 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Maybe. The main reason I put Johnson and Byrson together is they've been playing together most (all?) the games they've played. But I could buy the Joki pairing to see if Johnson edges himself ahead of Stillman further.

I just don't see them putting Johnson on bottom pair this season unless they move Jokiharju. Even with how well he's played, I have him at #7 on the depth chart, and Stillman as #8, but I suspect Stillman and maybe Bryson make the team and Johnson goes to Rochester to get top pair minutes unless we need a call up.

Between how well Benson is playing and how underwhelming Bryson has been, I could see us carrying just 7 defenseman instead of 8 just to keep either a 3rd goalie (hope not) or an extra forward. I don't think Biro clears waivers, so I have both of them staying in Buffalo for the time being. 

I think most of our guys clear waivers. Most teams don't add bottom line guys because they have their own. Bryson and Biro would probably slide right on through. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t believe he qualifies next year or the year after since his birthday is May and he has zero CHL seasons. He’ll make the roster before he has AHL eligibility.  

The year after (2025) Benson 100% is ahl eligible. The question is potentially 2024 since Benson played the entirety of a shortened whl season and would have 4 seasons. But yes, next year I don't have any doubts Benson is a Sabre

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think most of our guys clear waivers. Most teams don't add bottom line guys because they have their own. Bryson and Biro would probably slide right on through. 

I think Murray is the guy to get plucked. 6’5, 230pound wingers are appealing to some teams and one would take a flyer for sure. 

40 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think Murray is the guy to get plucked. 6’5, 230pound wingers are appealing to some teams and one would take a flyer for sure. 

Doubt it. He hasn’t really improved his production in the last 3 years in the AHL, I don’t think he’s shown that he is worth a roster spot over other potential waiver options. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Teams are tight to the cap for the most part so guys making more than minimum like Bryson and Comrie get through for sure imo.

Low talent teams like Arizona and Chicago could have a look at Biro. 

38 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Teams are tight to the cap for the most part so guys making more than minimum like Bryson and Comrie get through for sure imo.

Low talent teams like Arizona and Chicago could have a look at Biro. 

They could but it's almost inconsequential if Biro leaves. That said, Arizona isn't adding him. What I'm saying is we're overvaluing tweener players. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup, trying to see who rises to the top and who sinks. 

Personally that order is Johnson,  Stillman, Metsa (ik), clague, 300 level stale beer, LA nova arena pizza, Bryson

Personally that order is Johnson,  Stillman, Metsa (ik), clague, 300 level stale beer, cold and dried out LA nova arena pizza, Bryson

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They could but it's almost inconsequential if Biro leaves. That said, Arizona isn't adding him. What I'm saying is we're overvaluing tweener players. 

Good for Biro if he would be picked up, probably a better opportunity to make the NHL. The Sabres prospects would push him down the depth chart in another year anyway.

The difference between Biro, Rousek and Jost is probably small. In their roles 15-25 points is achievable by all of them.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I don't understand playing Tuch in a useless Pre -season game I would rather have him rest and be ready for the season.

Tuch probably needs to knock a little rust off and take a few shifts at game speed

11 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I wouldn't cry if Murray got waived just another nick ritchie that Will stay in the league because of his size 

Murray is not using his body (its preseason so most are not) but he looks pretty slow to me. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Tuch/Okposos finally playing a game.

My guess at lines:

Skinner - Thompson - Benson
Olofsson - Cozens - Tuch
Biro - Kulich - Rosen
Rousek - Krebs - Okposo

Bryson - Johnson
Stillman - Jokiharju
Davies - Cecconi

Although I could see them putting Biro with Cozens/Tuch instead.

You were pretty close. Just a couple wingers flipped

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.