GDT - Bruins at Sabres - Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Pre-Season Game 2

Sabres Fan in NS

31 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And absolutely nothing that looked scary.  This kid is going to be SUCH a keeper.  Totally understand Adams unwillingness to use real assets to get him a legit battery mate.  Don't like it and don't agree with it; but understand it.

I was impressed Cooley too.  Made almost as many saves as Levi.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think Benson looks good because of Tage and Skinner but because of himself. 

I didn’t mean to imply otherwise. Just saying Rosen and Kulich might benefit is all.

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He looked good with Greenway and Jost too.  Just sayin'.

Again, I didn’t mean to imply Benson wasn’t good enough in his own right. 

Just now, K-9 said:

I didn’t mean to imply otherwise. Just saying Rosen and Kulich might benefit is all.

No,  I know. I was just saying I think he looks good simply as a result of himself. I think Rosen and Kulich would benefit but I think Benson would still produce the same plays elsewhere. 

Some bad hockey on display there but you can see the Bruins prospect cupboard is empty empty empty. Pretty much hack and whack all night long from them. So you can't take away much from this but a few things:

1. Levi was very good. Lots of traffic in front as their low skill line up just did basic drive the net and hack and we often let them but he stood his ground and controlled the puck well. Very promising.

2. Benson is very skilled. He looks like a high schooler, but there is no doubt he is very skilled. 

3. We will have to be better in front of our own net. The old problem that does not seem to have gone away. If this was a higher skilled team we were facing we could have been in trouble. 

That's about it. Funny to hear the Lucic boos (or was that Looch? 🙂 ) Build the animosity back. I like it.   

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You really going to compare Cooley to Levi?

(And Cooley played well; but they aren't even close to each other skillwise.)

They LITERALLY faced the same number of shots, Cooley had a very respectable .947 sv%.  I wasn't claiming Cooley was as good as Levi; I said he made almost as many saves which is factually correct. 

SHEESH.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.