GDT - Bruins at Sabres - Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Pre-Season Game 2

Sabres Fan in NS

11 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Honest question - is the Bruins pbp guy recovering from an illness or something? I'm admittedly a noob, I know he's been there a long time, but his speech is super slurred?

News broke last spring or so that he was being treated for prostate cancer, but he said the treatment was successful and that he is in remission. But his speech is just not there like before. He sounds much like someone undergoing speech therapy after a stroke. I hope he’s gonna be ok, regardless. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, mphs mike said:

He’s got to get Orr first

… and Vadnais,he has to clean his clock too. Schoeny was 3-0 that night, the only time I recall seeing that without a Donnybrook happening. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Jack Edwards sounds very choppy. At least it’s both ways though.

His soliloquy about not understanding how length = tall is all I needed to hear.  That’s been a term common in sports for 50 years, minimum.  There is clearly something not right about dude.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Levi finished with 19 shots faced, 19 saves made, 0 goals allowed. 

And absolutely nothing that looked scary.  This kid is going to be SUCH a keeper.  Totally understand Adams unwillingness to use real assets to get him a legit battery mate.  Don't like it and don't agree with it; but understand it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

His soliloquy about not understanding how length = tall is all I needed to hear.  That’s been a term common in sports for 50 years, minimum.  There is clearly something not right about dude.  

Yes, that was really odd. I've always heard stick length as length meaning tall or long. It was just a bizarre segment. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.