Connor Clifton Interview

SABRES 0311

From the Athletic this morning.

Keep in mind when Clifton played with Hampus Lindholm last season for 276 minutes last season, Boston had 60 percent of the expected goals, according to Natural Stat Trick. When he was on the ice with Dimitry Orlov for 77 minutes, the Bruins had 67 percent of the expected goals. So Clifton, in a small sample, has shown he can handle that type of role.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I want to say this was an underrated FA signing but I think most know he's exactly the type of player the Sabres needed. If him and EJ help lower the GA just a tad, we make the playoffs and likely end up being a top 4-6 team in Eastern Conference.

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

CC has improved each year since he got his first cup of coffee with the Bruins.  I wonder if seeing how a smaller but effective NHL D like CC will help Bryson?

Bryson won't make it to October 16th as a Sabre.  I fully expect him to be moved in a change of scenery scenario where we acquire some sort of out of options former club mid 20s drop.  See the example of Maxime Comtois if he had been qualified.  Someone who at one point showed something that has since fallen out of favor.

Edited by Rasmus_

9 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Bryson won't make it to October 16th as a Sabre.  I fully expect him to be moved in a change of scenery scenario where we acquire some sort of out of options former club mid 20s drop.  See the example of Maxime Comtois if he had been qualified.  Someone who at one point showed something that has since fallen out of favor.

Expect? I learned a long time ago to expect very little and be happy if it happens. I don’t expect anyone to be traded or moved. That’s my baseline. Yea that’s right. Low expectations means low disappointment. 😬

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Expect? I learned a long time ago to expect very little and be happy if it happens. I don’t expect anyone to be traded or moved. That’s my baseline. Yea that’s right. Low expectations means low disappointment. 😬

Sounds like a 2010’s Sabres fan.

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

Sounds like a 2010’s Sabres fan.

Ok

If I ranted and raved and stressed and seethed about every little and big issue with a sports team, I’d have had a heart attack years ago. It’s only a sport. Not gonna sweat what I can’t control. Enjoy the sport too much to have fits over everything like some fans enjoy doing. Everyone enjoys the sport in their own way. 👍🏼

25 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Ok

If I ranted and raved and stressed and seethed about every little and big issue with a sports team, I’d have had a heart attack years ago. It’s only a sport. Not gonna sweat what I can’t control. Enjoy the sport too much to have fits over everything like some fans enjoy doing. Everyone enjoys the sport in their own way. 👍🏼

It was a joke.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.