Key Bank Center upgrades coming…

LabattBlue

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I got ya. Do you want to be able to see the game while heading to and from the washroom? I don't see any other reason one would want to or need to be walking around during play.

You have no idea how long I can take in the bathroom if I need to sit down to do my business.  I want a view of the game.  I want to feel like I'm above the ice.  Pooping on the Flyers.  Also, a newspaper and cigars.

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're talking about eliminating a lot of prime seating.

I am, but in some of these cities, they are making money off of it.  I was at Navy-ND last year in Baltimore, and wow, those premium areas (I charmed my way in; my ticket was a nosebleed) were full, were nice, and people were spending money.

Edited by Eleven

On 8/27/2023 at 4:33 PM, Eleven said:

The more I think about it, the more I think the on-rink projector debuted with the current scoreboard in 2007.  They definitely used it to show highlights as part of the pre-game presentation.  It wasn't just lasers in face-off circles; it was a rink-sized video screen, and it was awesome.  Maybe it broke or something?

Sorry, late to this discussion. It was definitely before that, and you are right, the Sabres were the first to do it league wide.

My guess is that its absence is one of the EEE things to get cut. Content doesn’t just magically appear. Someone has to be paid a lot of hours to create those images for the ice.

Also, I hate big, obnoxious scoreboards. For me, they only detract from the game. At the Rock in NJ, you can’t even talk to the people you are with because that thing never stops screaming at you.

Also, KBC is not small. I just don’t get that complaint.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/28/2023 at 1:49 PM, PASabreFan said:

I got ya. Do you want to be able to see the game while heading to and from the washroom? I don't see any other reason one would want to or need to be walking around during play.

I mean they kinda block the entrances during play.  The TV's in the concourses are also comically small, and half of them are broken in some way.  

It also makes the area seem larger instead of these cramped gathering areas.  

On 8/27/2023 at 7:52 PM, Eleven said:

OK let's not get crazy here.  No.  You could not.  It has 700 more seats than the arena for hockey, and it's not as large in circumference (from my experience walking around it and not from any scientific study or anything).

Using Google Maps measure distance.. Rough perimeter of United Center is 1724 feet, KBC is 1458.  I can't find height measurements for KBC.  United Center is 140' tall.

On 8/29/2023 at 6:01 PM, SwampD said:

Also, I hate big, obnoxious scoreboards. For me, they only detract from the game. At the Rock in NJ, you can’t even talk to the people you are with because that thing never stops screaming at you.

Many people love the big, obnoxious scoreboards. It's the trend, that's for sure.

KBC size.. let's see.  Google perimeter checks below.  Nothing scientific.

TD Garden: 1575'
Bridgestone: 2283'
Amelie: 1664'
Little Caesar's: 1778'
Canadian Tier Centre: 1381'  (a smaller arena!)
Bell Centre: 1650'

The building just is not that big.  Which is what causes cramped walkways and seating.

On 8/29/2023 at 6:01 PM, SwampD said:

Interesting point.  While I think 'entertainment' at a game helps, it can be overdone.

I want some highlights on the scoreboard. I want some music between periods.  The songs between faceoffs can be fun.  Would LOVE gathering areas between periods or more activity in the Arena between periods...etc, etc. All that stuff is good. But it CAN be overdone.  Volume shouldn't be so high that you can't talk to the person next to you, and having a few minutes of 'down time' of noise coming from the speaker can be good.

Entertainment outside of the game is good.  But please, don't feel the need that you need to blast something out of the speakers if you have so much as 60 seconds of down-time.

21 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Interesting point.  While I think 'entertainment' at a game helps, it can be overdone.

I want some highlights on the scoreboard. I want some music between periods.  The songs between faceoffs can be fun.  Would LOVE gathering areas between periods or more activity in the Arena between periods...etc, etc. All that stuff is good. But it CAN be overdone.  Volume shouldn't be so high that you can't talk to the person next to you, and having a few minutes of 'down time' of noise coming from the speaker can be good.

Entertainment outside of the game is good.  But please, don't feel the need that you need to blast something out of the speakers if you have so much as 60 seconds of down-time.

The 200s are really the best place for this. There is actually room and a few places where you can hangout outside of your seats without being run over in the compressed, cramped, and otherwise AWFUL 300 level concourse. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The 200s are really the best place for this. There is actually room and a few places where you can hangout outside of your seats without being run over in the compressed, cramped, and otherwise AWFUL 300 level concourse. 

Just as long as they don’t lock the gates to steerage when the ship goes down.

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just as long as they don’t lock the gates to steerage when the ship goes down.

You mean cut off beer sales in OT in the playoffs up there but not in the 100's and 200's?  Been there, done that.  (Of course, if your seats are in the 300 aughts (304, 305, 306, 307 particularly) have heard tell of a rumor that one can make the circuit to the 100's and back with a full load of cargo before intermission ends.  It's good to be near the escalators.  😉 )

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.