2023 Free Agent Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Eleven

Just now, Scottysabres said:

With that Orlov signing I'm nearly 100% certain Pesce to Buffalo. 

I dunno.  The Sabres are in a decent spot now.  (What a difference an hour makes!) Jokiharju and Stillman are 7 and 8 D right now.  I suppose one could go in the trade.

I could definitely see Buffalo still acquiring Pesce in order to completely overhaul the defense

Muel - Dahlin

Power - Pesce

Stillman - Clifton

Johnson

Bush and Jokiharju are moved

The signings do rid us of that desperation we had for Pesce which can't hurt either

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I dunno.  The Sabres are in a decent spot now.  (What a difference an hour makes!) Jokiharju and Stillman are 7 and 8 D right now.  I suppose one could go in the trade.

Could be. I'm basing my guess on all the talking heads saying KA was searching for a top 4 D. I'm just assuming it's a right. Could be Hannifin to. I just see him making a trade, but, only KA and his team know.

Just now, dudacek said:

It does look like a Pesce move is inevitable, but it doesn’t look like the Sabres are a good match any more, even if they trade Jokiharju.

Yep.  Granato is not going to turn his back on Clifton, and Johnson is guaranteed a spot (as he should be), so 5 of 6 D are locks.  (And Luybushkin should be considered solid fo that third pair.)  No room for Pesce.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Could be. I'm basing my guess on all the talking heads saying KA was searching for a top 4 D. I'm just assuming it's a right. Could be Hannifin to. I just see him making a trade, but, only KA and his team know.

Johnson is the top 4 D for next year, I'd think, and they'll address it again next summer.

Just now, Eleven said:

Yep.  Granato is not going to turn his back on Clifton, and Johnson is guaranteed a spot (as he should be), so 5 of 6 D are locks.  (And Luybushkin should be considered solid fo that third pair.)  No room for Pesce.

I honestly don't believe Johnson is a lock for 5/6 to be perfectly honest. He's rather old at this point and is very likely to be more of an in & out of the lineup guy who is there to mentor the young defenseman more than actually fill a role on a continuous basis.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I honestly don't believe Johnson is a lock for 5/6 to be perfectly honest. He's rather old at this point and is very likely to be more of an in & out of the lineup guy who is there to mentor the young defenseman more than actually fill a role on a continuous basis.

He's gonna be Power's partner.

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I think I agree with this.

Johnson got 17 minutes a night and a lot of PK time but played less when the Avs were healthy.

I kinda expect him to be a 6/7 guy who can play PK and move up the lineup in a pinch in a way Clague and Bryson could not.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Johnson and Clifton signed.  I think we can forget Pesce.

We’ve moneypucked the D, which shouldn’t really be unexpected

Hopefully this allows us to use assets to shore up in net

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Johnson is the top 4 D for next year, I'd think, and they'll address it again next summer.

I think it’s Stillman, Johnson, Bryson, Jokiharju, Lyubushkin for spots 5-7.

Stillman and Johnson with the inside track I believe

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.