Michael Peca is joining the NY Rangers as an Asst Coach

Brawndo

10 hours ago, SDS said:

Is the guy who was arguing that this team was going to finish in the bottom five really going to try and make this point? 🙄

15 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Did you miss how they folded? This is what's wrong with some in this Fanbase we have accepted   participation awards .

This is an excellent point.  You were emphatic for 3/4 of the season that the team would finish in the bottom 5 because they were so bad.

Based on that opinion, the coaching staff must have performed a miracle by nearly getting them to the playoffs!  But now you are saying that actually the coaches are the reason the team struggled at times!  The two opinions are pretty conflicting when viewed side by side.

Plus, listen, all teams go through good and bad stretches of play, relative to their baseline.  Young teams tend to be especially volatile.  Teams with inconsistent goaltending tend to be especially inconsistent.  I think it’s absolutely normal, and expected (by me at least) the the Sabres of last season were inconsistent.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No,  Granato can still fail but it won't be because "he's just a development coach."

Idc about being right. I care about winning the cup. It's why Adams must, I repeat must, strengthen the defense this offseason with a big move. 

The comment wasn't directed at you. I quoted  it because I was in agreement. See the post above that comment.

We've gone from calling Kev & Don cheap yes-man hires to grudging acceptance that they might know what they are doing, but still cling to perceived failures that, hopefully, will prove ones initial take correct. 

It's tiring and old and symptomatic of the typical Buffalo sports fan sad sack mentality.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

This is an excellent point.  You were emphatic for 3/4 of the season that the team would finish in the bottom 5 because they were so bad.

Based on that opinion, the coaching staff must have performed a miracle by nearly getting them to the playoffs!  But now you are saying that actually the coaches are the reason the team struggled at times!  The two opinions are pretty conflicting when viewed side by side.

Plus, listen, all teams go through good and bad stretches of play, relative to their baseline.  Young teams tend to be especially volatile.  Teams with inconsistent goaltending tend to be especially inconsistent.  I think it’s absolutely normal, and expected (by me at least) the the Sabres of last season were inconsistent.  

Did you miss all the bone headed decisions they made during the game ? 

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Did you miss all the bone headed decisions they made during the game ? 

I’m definitely not saying that the coaching staff is perfect.  I think the special teams were very disappointing and I disagreed with other decisions here and there.  I think it’s possible that Granato needs to be replaced at some point in the mid term future.  He has been good for young player development, but a lot of other stuff is an uncertainty.

I just think that you are being silly by blaming the season’s failures on coaching, while not acknowledging that the coaching may have been part of the reason that the team wildly outperformed your expectations for them.

Also, no fan base looks at their coach and thinks they are doing a perfect job.  Even the guys considered to be the top coaches in the league are not perfect.  There is always always always something to point at and complain about.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I mean it doesn't take a  Rocket scientist to switch up goalie .

Apparently @Eleven is the only one that sees the negatives 

Don's an atrocious game night/day coach. Hopefully it's to some extent by design. I'd love to read this board if he coaches to form during a playoff series.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Michael Peca is joining the NY Rangers as an Asst Coach
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.