Report: Teams are "poking around the Sabres" about Victor Olofsson

LGR4GM

I wonder if the Wild would be interested in VO? They are good defensively but could use  another scorer.

If the Sabres were to retain salary that would help them out as they are hit with $14M penalty on the Parise/Suter buyouts.

I would consider Marc Andre Fleury in a return. This also helps the Wild’s cap crunch.

Fleury is $3.5M for one more year. He could take Anderson’s spot but has the ability to play more games. He is from Quebec, like Levi so there would be a connection there. He is known to be a great guy in the room, so there shouldn’t be any issues there. He has won Cups and has loads of experience.

Minnesota has to deal with RFA Gustavsson and has highly touted prospect Wallstedt ready to move up. They could go cheap on goaltending and rely on Gustavsson, who had a great season.

There could be additions to sweeten the pot, if necessary.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, inkman said:

Does he hit people?

I don’t know, does he? Was curious as to what was informing your opinion 

The amount I follow the league and its players as a whole has cratered in the last 2-3 years. Think Frodo and Sam as they strip off all their outer cloaks and pans and weapons and stuff when trying to fight through that final stretch of their treacherous journey through an utter wasteland.

Edited by Thorny
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t know, does he? Was curious as to what was informing your opinion 

The amount I follow the league and its players as a whole has cratered in the last 2-3 years. Think Frodo and Sam as they strip off all their outer cloaks and pans weapons and stuff when trying to fight through that final stretch of their treacherous journey through an utter wasteland.

You cannot imagine the delight I read that last paragraph with because I had no idea what you are talking about.  

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 hours ago, klos1963 said:

Whoever trades for Olofsson, put down $20 on them winning the cup next season.

Sounds like a solid bet and for Olofsson to score 50 goals lol 🙂

On one hand I wouldn't mind getting a good return, but we are trading away a lot of goals.   

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Sounds like a solid bet and for Olofsson to score 50 goals lol 🙂

On one hand I wouldn't mind getting a good return, but we are trading away a lot of goals.   

You're trading away 25g. 10 more for jjp and Quinn, 5 more for Mitts. And convered.

Even with 25 less goals that puts you 14th in the league last year, just ahead of Vegas.

12 minutes ago, Night Train said:

An actual NHL player in return.

Sabres are way past the bottom 4 thinking of a long term rebuild. Screw future picks. We have ENOUGH of that. I don't care anymore about waiting 3-4 years to wonder if they have an NHL player. 

Current NHL players. 

Draft picks are a liquid asset.  They are often used to acquire NHL players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

Draft picks are a liquid asset.  They are often used to acquire NHL players.

Yup, it's like a millionaire selling his yacht. Sure the yacht is a tangible object and you know what it is, but that money 💰  you just got can be turned into any number tangible objects your heart desires. In the cap world of the NHL, having liquid draft picks helps a lot. 

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I do not want an NHL player in return for olofsson

I want to fill his spot with someone better than him. Get a pick or put him in a package, then make more trades and signings

I think its pretty obvious that one of the rookies will take the spot .

If you could get a Tanev for him it's a pretty good trade even with the injury history imo

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I do not want an NHL player in return for olofsson

I want to fill his spot with someone better than him. Get a pick or put him in a package, then make more trades and signings

Victor no longer has a spot; that’s why he didn’t play down the stretch and it’s why he’s being moved.

His replacement on the roster is already here in Jordan Greenway. Adams sacrificed excess scoring in his middle six wing group for a boost in size and defensive awareness.

The combination of Greenway and whatever Adams uses Victor for needs to benefit the team more than Olofsson and the 2nd he gave up for Greenway.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.