GDT: Rangers at Sabres-03-31 7:00PM Levi debuts

MattPie

1 hour ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

Son of a *&&^! I wont be able to watch as it will most likely be blacked out on NHLN here in NJ. I can get it on ESPN+ but do not think i will get it. @%&!&^^%%$$@

if you or anyone else needs a link to watch it, send me a dm & i can send you the best website i've ever used. Its been my go to for all things hockey, NHL, AHL, QHL, NCAA, SHL etc

Anyways i'm excited for Levi's start tonight. It should inspire the boys around him to play defense... you'd think at least! I hope its a good competitive game & Devon's debut is a good one. With this team it could be 4 goals against in the 1st period, u just never know. But i'm thinking good thoughts.. good thoughts, it'll be good haha.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Have you seen them boys from BU skate?

Eichel. Narrator: They're still (almost entirely) irrelevant.

As long as I'm gettin my grump in: the thread title... Is that what this game is? The Levi spectacular? Not a must win to stay in the hunt?

They are not mutually exclusive. The reality is that our playoff chances are dim. Getting an early peek at Levi, like last year's peek at Power, is the major attraction in this game. If Levi should sparkle in this game and other games as the season winds down, the expectations and anticipations for next season are elevated. 

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I go to games, and I watch games, and I follow the off season.  I am still going to complain about it. 

Florida teams are set up in a huge melting pot of people from other states and countries.  The have a large number of visiting fans for all sports.  

I understand the Canadian fans coming in, that is part of the market for Buffalo, always has been, and they are free to cheer for Canadian based teams if they wish too.   

Pittsburgh, Boston, NYI, NYR, NJD is another story.   We need to get the season ticket base back up to help keep them out.   

It works both ways though. Besides the chicken wing, Buffalo’s best export is people. Here in DC, there are plenty of Sabres fans in attendance when they play the Caps. I imagine it’s like this at a lot of East Coast arenas in cities experiencing population growth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

It's gonna be fun watching the fan base melt down and call Levi "overrated" the second he lets a goal in.

IDK - I really don't think this is the general sentiment at all.  We are hopeful, but also realistic

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

These are also games that we should be trying to win to make the playoffs.  The focus should remain playoffs and TEAM PLAY.  

The goaltending on this team is so poor that it makes his NHL debut tonight possible.  We have Comrie coming off a few good games so he should be ready for tomorrow I assume? 

I’m rooting for Levi, wish him the best, excited to see him play,  but not liking the situation at all.  

I will hate seeing and hearing 8,000 Ranger fans in our building too -  hopefully that is not the case but UB is full of New Yorkers.  

@Pimlach I don't disagree. However, here we are. A #1 G was not in the cards in the build this year. I am rooting on the boys to make playoffs (even while chances remote).

Going forward.....

IMO, I want to see if GMKA can find a vet G with 1-2 yr deal, and a top 4 D to push Stillman and Joker to 3rd pair. I don't see Comrie taking the 1A reins next year.... what do the Sabres think of Clague (to me a 7th D, at best, and Bryson to ROCH (if eligible)).

LFG tonight!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.