GDT: Montreal at Sabres 3-27-2023 7PM MSG

spndnchz

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

Good game. Exciting O.T. But damn not much creativity in that shootout. Buff made it easy for Allen. 1 point less than we needed.

It’s tough when you never trail and lose in a shootout.   Heck, we even had the lead in that. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Olofsson and Middelstadt in the shootout is begging to lose.

Such a great shot, just not uses it in the shootout.     Would have started with Quinn earlier, also Dahlin not there puzzles me.

Or send out Boosh, that would confuse the other goalie for sure 😄

1 minute ago, BUFtoNCfan said:

No it wasn’t. We’ve had our share of soul crushing loses. That wasn’t one of them. Definitely sucked, but Buffalo has seen a lot worse.

'Soul-crushing' for the playoff push on life-support this year, not all-time soul-crushing. I've followed the team since its inception. I know it's not close to their worst loss.

• Thanks (+1) 1

RAe standards for goalies are still too low.  Goals 1 and 2 by Comrie were garbage and when he has a chance to close out the game, he basically scores on himself.

BTW, do the sabres even practice penalty shots, we score on one which is a total mistake and the other 5 weren't even close - pretty pathetic.

Oh and f*ck the refs - that call in OT was ridiculously bad - they ignore real penalties and make up a call on Krebs

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

All season, but especially down the stretch.  

It happens all the time in the league.  Anxious teams vs Loose teams.  
got a point.  Gained one on The Panthers and lost 1 to the islanders. 
certainly not the end of the world that a handful of posters who only appear when the lose will make it out to be 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Aaaaand, this is probably the last game this season I make an effort to watch.  

Not gonna lie, I feel pretty good about where they are over the course of the season.  It’s the last two months they are killing me.  

We’ll see what delights KA has in store for us by October.  

Definitely looking forward to next season, as long as KA doesn't ***** the bed this off season. 

Just now, ExWNYer said:

'Soul-crushing' for the playoff push on life-support this year, not all-time soul-crushing. I've followed the team since its inception. I know it's not close to their worst loss.

Wasn’t trying to be a wise ass or get in your face move. Thought you might be a youngster. The older crowd has seen soul crushing. Thanks for posting on a crappy night. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CTJoe said:

RAe standards for goalies are still too low.  Goals 1 and 2 by Comrie were garbage and when he has a chance to close out the game, he basically scores on himself.

BTW, do the sabres even practice penalty shots, we score on one which is a total mistake and the other 5 weren't even close - pretty pathetic.

Oh and f*ck the refs - that call in OT was ridiculously bad - they ignore real penalties and make up a call on Krebs

When the Sabres practice the shootout, they're going against UPL, so those shots they took tonight usually work.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

After that game there’s zero good reason for Levi to not start the next game. 

Not 0, there are 2.  
1 - He has had very limited practice and, 

2 - we are still in the running. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.