GDT: Montreal at Sabres 3-27-2023 7PM MSG

spndnchz

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Wait a minute... Statue of Liberty...

Explain that to me like I’m five.

I’m too preoccupied with people who watch every Sabres hockey game and then call for Jeff Skinner on a shoot out. 

• Vomit 1

I know they have been on the fringiest of fringes down the stretch here with little more than an outside chance at the postseason but it has actually been refreshing to feel the emotional ups and downs of a playoff push again that have been dormant for over a decade now.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Explain that to me like I’m five.

I’m too preoccupied with people who watch every Sabres hockey game and then call for Jeff Skinner on a shoot out. 

It was a dumb reference to the ending of planet of the apes because you said monkey 

edit - planet of the apes via Simpsons of course 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

It was a dumb reference to the ending of planet of the apes because you said monkey 

So I’m old enough to have seen some of those in the theaters. For some reason my older siblings were obsessed with those movies. I was too young to follow along. Talking apes were cool though.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, SDS said:

So I’m old enough to have seen some of those in the theaters. For some reason my older siblings were obsessed with those movies. I was too young to follow along. Talking apes were cool though.

The new series is actually some fantastic filmmaking 

To be honest I’ve seen most of the original but my knowledge base is more centred around the various times it’s mentioned on the Simpsons lol 

Well I had a fun time at the game, but that wasn't the best third period I've seen out of the Sabres.  And that call in OT was just disgusting.

Also, memo to Dan:  Might want to get the skaters some practice on shootouts.  They're going to be even more important next season.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I've been catching some of the YouTube videos on apes and sign language. It is actually really cool what they are capable of communications wise.

16 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I

I just find it strange that many posters only appear when they lose or are going through a bad stretch 

It would make an interesting psychology study

what makes you grab your phone and post only when you can be negative?  Misery loves company ?   

Have no idea what you are even talking about. It’s really strange to me to not only notice it, but be bothered by it, and keep track of it and then some repeat this “offense” every single game and let everyone know about it endlessly. If you are upset about it just move along. It’s a hockey board of a team that’s been really bad for 12 years and fans who are very passionate. That’s the “psychology”. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I've been catching some of the YouTube videos on apes and sign language. It is actually really cool what they are capable of communications wise.

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

They're 11-1  if im not mistaken 

Its a sign 

I will resist the urge 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The new series is actually some fantastic filmmaking 

To be honest I’ve seen most of the original but my knowledge base is more centred around the various times it’s mentioned on the Simpsons lol 

I didn’t see your edit until I responded. It makes way more sense now because I knew there was no way you were old enough to watch those original movies. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

I didn’t see your edit until I responded. It makes way more sense now because I knew there was no way you were old enough to watch those original movies. 😂

It’s really still no excuse especially as I consider myself a movie guy but no definitely not in theatres haha. I’ve seen the full thing I think but I was under the influence so don’t remember a lot. It’s good but obviously very verbal 

Edited by Thorny

Bowling night so missed the game, but did catch the final minute of OT and the shootout on Sirius in the car… Last two shootouts our shooters were soundly beat by both goaltenders… One goal on 7-8 attempts??… Disappointing…. DG said Comrie played well… Will read the game thread to get you all’s assessment of the action…

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Have no idea what you are even talking about. It’s really strange to me to not only notice it, but be bothered by it, and keep track of it and then some repeat this “offense” every single game and let everyone know about it endlessly. If you are upset about it just move along. It’s a hockey board of a team that’s been really bad for 12 years and fans who are very passionate. That’s the “psychology”. 

I’m hardly bothered by it.  As I said I, I think it would be an interesting study to figure out what goes on in the minds of such a person 

What are they like in real life ? Are they miserable? Or do the Sabres bring out their negative nature ?

8 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m hardly bothered by it.  As I said I, I think it would be an interesting study to figure out what goes on in the minds of such a person 

What are they like in real life ? Are they miserable? Or do the Sabres bring out their negative nature ?

Who cares? Probably perfectly normal. If you are into sports and are ok with losing I’d be more nervous lol. 

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You speak as if in description of a foreign species 😂

Pretty even game between pretty even teams. Their rebuild strategy is different and so is their team make up, but overall pretty even. It will be really annoying if they make the playoffs before we do as their rebuild hasn't been for as long.

Rousek didn't look out of place. Quinn's getting stronger on the wall, more like Cozens. This bodes well for next year. 

idk, it looked like Montreal wasn't really interested in winning the shoot out sending out D men and such but whatever, shoot outs are stupid. Neither team will make the playoffs. Comrie better than UPL.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.